ILT or Information and Learning Technology describes the methods of using technology to enhance the learning experience within education. It is an acronym of British descent, and is used in the main within the British Further Education sector, Information and Learning Technology.
Possible applications of ILT
- Use of sound within an otherwise static presentation: There may be an image in a Powerpoint presentation, which could be clicked upon in different areas to provide audio commentary.
- Use of digital video or digital images for learning activities.
- Use of a VLE to run courses and activities within and outside an educational establishment.
- Interactive quizzes/activities - either online or within a classroom using an electronic voting system made up of infra-red handsets and a receiver.
- Use of podcasts or downloadable MP3s for classroom notes, revision or whole lectures.
- Use of collaborative documents within a group environment.