IMTEK Mathematica Supplement
The IMTEK Mathematica Supplement (IMS for short) is an open source Mathematica AddOn that aims to provide a wealth of tutorials and packages for Scientific and Engineering purposes, mainly focused on finite element simulations but going far beyond. It is developed at the Chair for Microsystem Simulation at the Institut für Mikrosystemtechnik (IMTEK), Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Germany.
The three aims of IMS-development are
- to provide useful Mathematica computation, visualization and simulation packages (along with complete documentation)
- to provide easy-to-use, hands-on tutorials for University teaching purposes
- to extend and facilitate Mathematica's capabilities to import and export data formats with interface packages (e.g. to ANSYS)
The covered areas of the IMS are
- Computational Geometry
- Data Structures
- Differential Equation Systems
- Game Theory
with accompanying utilities, lectures and tips for a thorough understanding of the theoretical background and the used techniques.
- IMTEK Mathematica Supplement (IMS), download the Open Source IMTEK Mathematica Supplement (IMS)
- EasyMesh, a 2-D mesh generator