|This article reads like a news release, or is otherwise written in an overly promotional tone. (August 2010)|
Enterprise social software
Software as a service
|Headquarters||North Naples, Florida, USA|
|Key people||Kim Kobza, President & CEO
David Bankston, EVP & CTO
Robert Wilson, CFO
Dan Miller, EVP
Christine Richards, VP Cust
Tony Lynn, VP Tech
INgage Networks is a provider of enterprise social software and services for business and government customers. The Company markets its solutions to the Enterprise 2.0 and Government 2.0 industries. Co-founded in 1999 as 'Neighborhood America' by Kim Patrick Kobza and David Bankston, the Company changed its name to INgage Networks January 1, 2010. INgage Networks is a privately funded company headquartered in North Naples, Florida.
Company time line
1999 - Company co-founded as Neighborhood America by Kim Patrick Kobza and David Bankston. Initial focus is on the public sector, and early projects include public outreach for Golden Gate Park, the Stapleton Airport, and the Erie Canal.
2001 - Neighborhood America's solution becomes the technology supporting public outreach for Imagine New York an initiative that invites people to share ideas for memorializing the World Trade Center in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks. Shortly after, Neighborhood America's technology is selected to support public outreach for a design competition for the Flight 93 National Memorial.
2004 - Neighborhood America and IBM reach a business partner agreement, whereby the two companies will serve the public sector with a jointly branded product, the IBM – Neighborhood America Public Comment Service.
2009 - (January) Enhances social computing solutions with development of Business Services.
(March) Neighborhood America becomes Microsoft Certified Partner and supports Microsoft’s first Gov 2.0 community.
(May) Company’s ELAvate platform wins second consecutive CODiE Award by the SIIA for ‘best social networking solution’.
(June) Company awarded U.S. Patent 7548930: 'Platform for management of internet based public communications and public comment.'
(June) Enhances platform with introduction of company's data warehouse and social analytics for greater business intelligence.
(November) Neighborhood America achieves Gold level status as Microsoft Certified Partner.
2010 – (January) Company announces name change. As of January 1, 2010, Neighborhood America becomes INgage Networks.
- Conversations facilitated through blogs, wikis, forums, online chat and messaging.
- Ability to manage all forms of user-generated content, including mobile content, with video conversion to standard Flash Video.
- Collaboration software to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and peer-to-peer reviews with ratings and rankings (reputation system), member profiles, tagging and search.
- Contextual advertising and multiple ad revenue placements.
To service enterprise needs, the solution also offers:
- Service oriented architecture to allow applications to be delivered via ‘building blocks’ so that customers can deploy software modules quickly, whether market or event-driven.
- Open API, important when integrating enterprise social software into existing systems like Customer relationship management (Social CRM).
- Data warehouse that enables deep analytics and reporting to gain business intelligence
- , Lake, Alison, "Field of Honor", Public CIO Nov 10, 2006. Accessed February 23, 2008
- , IBM - Neighborhood America Public Comment Service
- , Wood, Cara, "Neighborhood America Buys MOVO Mobile", DM News, Oct 4, 2006. Accessed February 23, 2008
- , SIIA, 2008 Codie Award Winners 'Best Social Networking Solution'
- , Bradley, Anthony, "Moving Beyond Social Software Suites to Virtual Neighborhoods", Gartner, February 10, 2009. Accessed July 23, 2009
- , Microsoft Press Release 'Microsoft Introduces Public Sector On-Demand Solutions for Government and Education', April 1, 2009. Retrieved February 4, 2010
- , SIIA, 2009 Codie Award Winners 'Best Social Networking Solution'
- , U.S. Patent 7548930 awarded for 'Platform for Management of Internet Based Public Communications and Public Comment.'
- , January 12, 2010 Press Release: Neighborhood America Changes Name to INgage Networks
- , Gibbs, Mark "Neighborhood America-Customer Touch Specialists", Network World, Mar 19, 2007. Accessed July 23, 2009.