Rokia Traoré performing in 2009.
|Location(s)||Lake Jarun, Zagreb, Croatia|
|Date(s)||Late June (2–3 days)|
|Genre||Rock, World, Electronic, Reggae, Folk, Hip Hop, Dance|
INmusic festival is Croatia's biggest international open-air festival. The festival is held annually in June in Zagreb and takes place on Youth Island (Croatian: Otok hrvatske mladeži) in the middle of Zagreb's Lake Jarun.
The festival was started in 2006 and is usually held over two or three days. It includes several genre-specific stages with internationally renowned indie rock, heavy metal and electronica artists. In 2008 The Times included INmusic among the top 20 European summer festivals.
- Headliners: Franz Ferdinand and Morrissey
- Also performed: Archie Bronson Outfit, The Ex
- Local artists: Edo Maajka, Darkwood Dub, Ramirez
Second edition was held 27–28 August 2007. The festival acquired sponsorship by Vipnet, a mobile network operator, and was dubbed "Vip INmusic". Also, this was the first edition which took place at Jarun.
- Headliners: Sonic Youth and The Stooges
- Also performed: Happy Mondays, Asian Dub Foundation, New York Dolls, Roisin Murphy, !!! (Chk Chk Chk), Kultur Shock, The Hold Steady, Gilles Peterson, Banco de Gaia
- Local artists: Majke, The Beat Fleet, Gustafi, Obojeni program, Letu štuke, and others
Third edition, also titled "Vip INmusic", was held 3–4 June 2008 at Jarun.
- Headliners: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and The Prodigy
- Also performed: Stereo MCs, Serj Tankian, Hot Chip, Tinariwen, Amadou & Mariam, The Go! Team, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, Sons and Daughters, Dreadzone, Jazzanova, XX Teens, Ed Kuepper & Jeffrey Wegener
- Local artists: Let 3, Kiril Džajkovski, Vještice, Atheist Rap, and others
For the 2009 edition, held 24–25 June 2009 at Jarun, Vipnet's competitors T-Mobile took over as main sponsors and the festival was renamed "T-Mobile INmusic". Scottish band Franz Ferdinand made their second appearance at the event.
- Headliners: Franz Ferdinand, Moby, Kraftwerk, N.E.R.D, Lily Allen
- Also performed: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Tricky, Editors, Dimmu Borgir, Anthrax, Hatebreed, Art Brut, Sergent Garcia, Rokia Traoré, Adrian Sherwood, Richard Dorfmeister, God Dethroned
- Local artists: Kiril Džajkovski, Kawasaki 3P, and others
Fifth edition was held 21–23 June 2010 at Jarun.
- Headliners: Alice in Chains, Billy Idol, Massive Attack, LCD Soundsystem, The Flaming Lips
- Also performed: Morcheeba, !!! (Chk Chk Chk), Pendulum, Rise Against, Flogging Molly, Broken Social Scene, Audio Bullys, New Young Pony Club, Caribou, Skindred, Martina Topley-Bird
- Local artists: The Beat Fleet, Kawasaki 3P, Gustafi, The Bambi Molesters, and others
The festival's sixth edition was held 21–22 June 2011.
- Headliners: Jamiroquai, Cypress Hill, Arcade Fire, Grinderman
- Also performed: The Streets, TV on the Radio, Mastodon, Jello Biafra, Buraka Som Sistema, Gentleman, The Dø
- Local artists: Dubioza kolektiv, Overflow, Elemental
The festival's seventh edition is scheduled to take place on 29–30 June 2012.[dated info] The festival will revert to its original name, "INmusic festival", as T-Mobile withdrew its sponsorship in early 2012. As of February 2012[update], The Cranberries (replaced with New Order), Mando Diao, Franz Ferdinand and Gogol Bordello have confirmed their appearance. Plan B's appearance was cancelled.
The bands thata appeared on eight edition include: Arctic Monkeys, Iggy and the Stooges, Basement Jaxx, Bloc Party, Editors, NOFX, Airbourne, A Toys Orchestra, Mile Me Deaf, Rangleklods and Dikta. This edition included 2 demo bands - Achromatic Attic (from Croatia) and Roger The Mascot (from Great Britain).
- Scurlock, Gareth. "Europe's 20 best summer music festivals 2008". The Times (London). Retrieved 2010-03-08.
- "Franz Ferdinand i Morrissey po cijeni od 350 kuna". Jutarnji list (in Croatian). 14 April 2006. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Svi na Vip INmusic Festival, 27. i 28.8. Otok hrvatske mladeži, Jarun, Zagreb". ZbrdaZdola.com (in Croatian). Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- Blažević, Krešimir (18 April 2008). "Pustinjski blues Tinariwena na Vip INmusicu". Muzika.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Pogledajte raspored izvođača na T-Mobile INmusic festivalu". T-Portal.hr (in Croatian). 8 June 2009. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "T-mobile INmusic satnica". Muzika.hr (in Croatian). 20 June 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "2011 Programme". INmusic Festival. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- http://trend.seebiz.eu/glazba/ht-zbog-stednje-odustaje-od-inmusic-festivala/ar-25109/ (Croatian)
- http://www.muzika.hr/clanak/37040/najave/new-order-umjesto-the-cranberriesa-na-inmusicu.aspx (Croatian)
- http://www.vecernji.hr/kultura/franz-ferdinand-sedmom-inmusic-festivalu-clanak-379755 (Croatian)
- "Pogledajte koji domaći bendovi će 'prašiti' na INmusicu!" (in Croatian). Retrieved 2013-04-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to INmusic festival.|