|Traded as||ASX: IRE|
|Products||Trading systems, market data, wealth management software|
|Revenue||A$204 million (2011)|
IRESS Limited is an Australian software company specialising in the development of software systems and services for financial markets and wealth management.
The company provides services to stockbrokers, financial institutions and research analysts. IRESS has its corporate office situated in Melbourne, with overseas offices located in South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore and the United Kingdom.
- June 1993: Dunai Financial Systems (DFS) is formed by Peter Dunai, Neil Detering and Hung Do.
- June 1995: The equity information software product ‘IRESS’ is launched.
- January 1997: Bridge Information Systems acquires 80% of Dunai Financial Systems (DFS) and forms BridgeDFS.
- June 1997: The trading software product ‘IRESS Order System (IOS)’ is launched, in line with the ASX options market moving from floor to screen to commence electronic trading.
- November 2000: BridgeDFS lists on the Australian Stock Exchange - code: BIS.ASX.
- October 2001: BridgeDFS changes its name to IRESS Market Technology Limited (IRESS).
- December 2001: Reuters BEACON equity software solution purchase.
- March 2003: XPLAN Technology Ltd acquisition – IRESS becomes a provider of wealth management software solutions.
- April 2004: IRESS KTG is formed as a 50:50 joint venture with ITG Canada – IRESS begins operating in Canada.
- June 2005: Agreement signed with Reuters to integrate the Reuters order routing network within the IRESS Order System (IOS).
- April 2006: IRESS Canada Holdings Ltd becomes wholly owned by IRESS Market Technology.
- Sept 2006: PlanTech Holdings Pty Ltd acquisition – a supplier of risk (life insurance) analysis and analytics.
- January 2007: IRESS (Canada) and TSX Markets joint project announced – IRESS to build an integrated order gateway solution for the Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange.
- April 2007: VisiPlan Pty Ltd acquisition. Formerly owned by IWL Ltd – a leading wealth management software provider in Australia.
- June 2007: Spotlight Interactive (Pty) Ltd acquisition – the leading provider of Financial Planning software in South Africa.
- May 2008: TransActive Systems Pty Ltd acquisition – a provider of mortgage analytics software in Australia.
- August 2008: Dealer Management Systems Pty Ltd (DMS) acquisition – an Australian remuneration management software provider.
- May 2009: FundData Pty Ltd acquisition – a collector and provider of managed funds quantitative data for Australia and New Zealand.
- January 2010: SENTRYi Pte Ltd acquisition – a Singapore based developer of investment planning tools for the Asian market place.
- January 2011: Peresys (Pty) Limited acquisition – the leading provider of sell side and buy side financial markets technology in South Africa.
- November 2011: IRESS sets up operations in London - the XPLAN wealth solution is made available to the United Kingdom.
- September 2013: Avelo acquisition - the UK's leading provider of technology solutions to the financial services industry.
A suite of desktop and web-based software for the financial markets industry. An equity and derivative trading platform for trading, market data and portfolio management including global market data, buy side and sell side order management (OMS and EMS), FIX based order routing, direct exchange connectivity, smart order routing and portfolio management.
IRESS is the main data vendor in Australia, with a market share of 90%. Over 40 of the top 50 broking houses in Australia use the IOS (IRESS Order System) software.
Modular, browser-based software for the wealth management industry. XPLAN provides financial planners and risk managers with a range of integrated tools for client management, business management and financial planning.
XPLAN is the highest rated software amongst dealer groups and financial planning firms in Australia.
IRESS provides FIX connectivity between multi-broker FIX hubs, such as Thomson Reuters and NYFIX, as well as direct peer-to-peer FIX connections to facilitate access to the IRESS order management systems and client’s internal order systems.
IRESS is a premier member firm  supporting the advancement of the FIX Protocol.
- "IRESS Annual Report 2011" (PDF).
- IRESS Group Structure
- ASX 200 Index: Website
- "Australian equity market structure" (PDF).
- "Guide to Equity Options for Investment Managers" (PDF).
- Peresys joins IRESS group
- IRESS history
- IRESS acquires Avelo
- "The impact of multiple trading platforms" (PDF).2011
- Selector Funds Management Limited http://www.selectorfund.com.au/march-2010-quarterly-newsletter/
- XPLAN remains first choice
- FIX Protocol Global Members