|Compilation album by David Bowie|
|Released||29 June 2008 The Mail on Sunday
14 October 2008 EMI
|David Bowie chronology|
Bowie avoided the usual greatest hits route and instead compiled a selection of favourite album tracks, including only three singles ("Life on Mars?", "Loving the Alien" and "Time Will Crawl"). In addition, the version of "Time Will Crawl" included on the album is a remix by engineer Mario J McNulty, featuring several newly recorded parts in an effort to revisit some of the material Bowie had released as part of Never Let Me Down, an album which he had identified himself as being disappointed with.
It is the only release to contain the track "Some Are" which has been unavailable since the mid-1990s deletion of the 1991 edition of Bowie's 1977 album Low on which it was included as a bonus track. It also features the medley of "Sweet Thing" and "Candidate", and the reprise of "Sweet Thing" as a single track, rather than being split up by song as it has been released on previous CD versions of Diamond Dogs.
Due to popular demand, Virgin/EMI released the CD in the U.S. and Canada on 14 October 2008. It is identical to the one released by The Mail on Sunday except it comes in a standard jewel case and the booklet contains the song-by-song comments that were published in the newspaper. It has also been released as a digital download on iTunes.
- "Life on Mars?" (from Hunky Dory) – 3:49
- "Sweet Thing/Candidate/Sweet Thing (Reprise)" (from Diamond Dogs) – 8:47
- "The Bewlay Brothers" (from Hunky Dory) – 5:23
- "Lady Grinning Soul" (from Aladdin Sane) – 3:51
- "Win" (from Young Americans) – 4:44
- "Some Are" (bonus track on the 1991 re-issue of Low) – 3:13
- "Teenage Wildlife" (from Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)) – 6:51
- "Repetition" (from Lodger) – 3:01
- "Fantastic Voyage" (from Lodger) – 2:54
- "Loving the Alien" (from Tonight) – 7:08
- "Time Will Crawl (MM Remix)" (the original version is on Never Let Me Down) – 4:54
- Contains 30 seconds of silence at the end of the track.
- "Hang on to Yourself (Live)" (from Live Santa Monica '72) – 3:06