||It has been suggested that GMTV be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since December 2014.|
|Based in||The London Studios,
London, England, United Kingdom
(Breakfast 6:00am - 9:25am)
|First airdate||1 January 1993
6 September 2010
28 April 2014
(as Good Morning Britain)
|Owned by||ITV plc|
|Website||Good Morning Britain
ITV Breakfast Broadcasting Limited (previously known as GMTV Limited) is the national ITV breakfast television licensee, broadcasting in the United Kingdom. It became a wholly owned subsidiary of ITV plc in November 2009.
GMTV, as an on-screen brand name, ended on 3 September 2010, with the newly rebranded ITV Breakfast launching new weekday breakfast programmes Daybreak and Lorraine on 6 September 2010. In March 2014, it was announced 'Daybreak' had been axed amid poor ratings. The programme was replaced on Monday 28 April by Good Morning Britain, reprising the original name of ITV's early morning breakfast programme. The Lorraine segment has not been affected by the changes.
In April 2014, the franchises main programme was renamed Good Morning Britain.
Current ITV Breakfast presenters (1993-present)
- Lorraine Kelly (1993– ) (Lorraine; Monday-Friday)
- John Stapleton (1994– ) (Good Morning Britain; Stand-in Presenter)
- Kate Garraway (2000– ) (Good Morning Britain and Lorraine; Friday (GMB only)/Stand-in Presenter)
- Ben Shephard (2000–10; 2014– ) (Good Morning Britain; Monday-Thursday)
- Ranvir Singh (2012– ) (Good Morning Britain; Friday/Stand-in Presenter)
- Aled Jones (2012– ) (Weekend; Saturday, and Sunday)
- Sean Fletcher (2014– ) (Good Morning Britain; Monday-Friday)
- Charlotte Hawkins (2014– ) (Good Morning Britain; Monday-Thursday) (Maternity Leave)
- Susanna Reid (2014– ) (Good Morning Britain; Monday-Thursday)