ITV News Granada Reports
|Also known as||Good Morning Granada during ITV Breakfast|
|Presented by||Lucy Meacock
|Country of origin||England, United Kingdom|
|Executive producer(s)||Lucy West (Head of News)|
Greater Manchester, England
|Running time||30 minutes
(main 6pm show)
|Production company(s)||ITV Granada|
|Original channel||ITV Granada|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV 16:9)|
|Original run||1956– present|
|Related shows||ITV News,
BBC North West Tonight
Granada Reports is produced and broadcast from studios in the Orange Tower at MediaCityUK in Salford Quays, with the first bulletin being broadcast from the new facilities on 24 March 2013. Before this, the news service was based at Granada's studios in Quay Street, Manchester. Reporters are also based at newsrooms in the Royal Liver Building, Liverpool, Lancaster and on the Isle of Man. News staff were also based at offices in Blackburn and Chester until they were closed in 2005.
Prior to its launch in 1973, the nightly news programme had been known under several titles such as Northern Newscast, Scene at Six Thirty and People and Places. Between 2 January 1990 and 28 September 2001, the main evening programme was known as Granada Tonight (which utilized a variation of American company Hearst Television's standardized graphics from October 1998 up until September 2001). Shorter bulletins aired as Granada News. Most bulletins now air under the joint branding of ITV News and Granada Reports with breakfast bulletins entitled Good Morning Granada.
The programme was unaffected with cutbacks to ITV regional news in early 2009. The only major change saw ITV Granada take over coverage of the Isle of Man from ITV Tyne Tees & Border on 16 July 2009.
On 27 September 2012, it was announced technical staff had been invited to volunteer for redundancy as part of national job losses affecting ITV News services. The timing coincided with production moving from Granada Studios to MediaCityUK. In January 2013, a second announcement regarding further redundancies of editorial staff was made.
Granada Reports airs on ITV Granada seven days a week. On weekdays, a four-minute lunchtime bulletin airs at 1.55pm, followed by the main half-hour programme at 6pm and an eight-minute late bulletin at 10.30pm following ITV News at Ten. At weekends, two 5 or 10-minute editions of Granada Reports are broadcast – one later on Saturday afternoons and another on Sunday evenings.
On weekday mornings, Good Morning Granada airs short bulletins within Good Morning Britain at approximately 6.05am, 7.05am and 8.05am.
- BAFTA Television Awards
- Best News Coverage: 2007, 2013
- Royal Television Society
- Best News Coverage in the Nations and Regions: 2007, 2008
- Best Regional News Programme - North West: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Best Regional Story - North West: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Best Regional On Screen Talent - North West: 2011 (Rob Smith), 2012 (Clare Fallon)
- Best Innovation in Multimedia - North West: 2012
- ITV News Granada Reports to start broadcasting from MediaCityUK Prolific North, 18 March 2013
- Fitzsimmons, Caitlin (17 February 2009). "Seventeen regions into nine: How the updated ITV local news services will run". guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- Redundancies at Granada Reports Manchester Evening News, 27 September 2012
- Granada Reports moves to new home at MediaCityUK ITV News, 25 March 2013
BBC News at Ten: 7th July Bombings
|BAFTA: Television Award
(The Morecambe Bay Cockling Tragedy)
Sky News: Glasgow Airport Attack
BBC Look North: Joanne Nelson Murder Case
|RTS: Television Journalism
Nations and Regions News Coverage
(The Morecambe Bay Cockling Tragedy);
(The Lesley Molseed Trial)
The West Tonight: Weston Pier Fire
Channel 4 News: Japan Earthquake
|BAFTA: Television Award
(Hillsborough – The Truth at Last)