||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (January 2011)|
|Founder||Wael Amin, Youssri Helmy, and Ahmed Badr|
Number of locations
|USA, UK, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Qatar|
|Educational Institutes, Government, Telco Operators, Financial Services, and Media|
|Products||ITWorx Connected Learning Gateway, ITWorx Government Performance Management, ITWorx Citizen Appointment Management, ITWorx Citizen Engagement Portal, ITWorx Employees Collaboration Portal, ITWorx Correspondence Tracking System and ITWorx Government Bus Connect|
Number of employees
ITWorx is an IT professional software services firm in Egypt. Headquartered in Cairo, with development centers in Cairo and Alexandria, ITWorx has other offices in the Gulf region, namely the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar, and is represented in Europe. Today, it has around 700 employees operating in global locations. The company offers portals, business intelligence, enterprise application integration, and application development outsourcing services to Forbes Global 2000 companies. In 2008, it became privately held, with financial backing from the EuroMena Fund, Venture Capital Bank and Proparco.
|This section requires expansion with: early years. (January 2011)|
ITWorx was founded in 1994 by three partners, Wael Amin, Youssri Helmy, and Ahmed Badr in Cairo, Egypt to provide software for the company’s first customer, Corel Corporation, in Canada. A year later, ITWorx began working for one of the largest conglomerates in the US and worldwide, United Technologies (UTC), which owns Carrier Corporation (A/Cs), Otis Elevator Company (elevators and escalators), Pratt & Whitney (aircraft engines), and Sikorsky (helicopters), among other business units. With an increasing number of major US customers such as UTC, Standish Mellon, Adobe, Wells Fargo, and Riskclick, the company set up an office in the US in 1998. ITWorx portfolio of products and services supports Microsoft Education Solutions to advance and sustain e-learning initiatives adopted by local and national education authorities, private and public schools, and colleges and higher education institutions, as well as Microsoft partners worldwide. Services for telecommunication companies include infrastructure building and integration; multi-channel self-service and e-commerce portals; credit risk management solutions, and applications maintenance and support.
The Company uses the IBM Rational Functional Tester to verify the quality of complex product deployments. It also uses IBM Rational AppScan to verify that its web applications are secure. The Company also uses Ounce Labs Ounce 6 to deliver the most secure software.
ITWorx serves governments, educational institutions, telecommunication operators, and financial services firms in North America, Europe, and the Middle East.
ITWorx is partnered with Magic Quadrant technology vendors including Vignette, IBM, BEA Systems (now Oracle), Oracle Corporation, and Microsoft. It is ISO 9001:2000 and CMMI Level 3 certified.
ITWorx was announced as “Partner of the Year for Custom Development Solutions” in the Web Development category at the 2007 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Program Awards. The company was chosen out of an international field of Microsoft Partners. The awards were distributed at a ceremony on July 11 in Denver, CO at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference.
Also in 2007, ITWorx won Adobe's "Site of the Day" award (formerly known as Macromedia's Site of the day before the merger of the two software companies) which recognizes websites based on their strong visual designs, superior functionalities, and innovative uses of Adobe products.
- "ITWorx automates integration testing using IBM Rational Functional Tester software". IBM.com. 2008-11-13. Retrieved 2009-01-05.[dead link]
- "ITWorx standardizes on IBM Rational AppScan Standard Edition software to deliver security-rich applications to its customers worldwide.". IBM.com. 2008-01-23. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- "OUNCE LABS DELIVERS THE NEXT GENERATION OF ENTERPRISE SECURITY SOURCE CODE ANALYSIS". Ounce Labs. 2008-07-22. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- "ITWorx". Vignette. 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-26.
- "ITWorx Technology Partners". ITWorx. 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-26.[dead link]
- "ITWorx". Learning Gateway. 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-26.
- Redmond, Wash (June 11, 2007). "Microsoft Announces 2007 Partner Program Award Finalists". Microsoft. Retrieved 2008-12-26.
- Watson, Allison (July 10, 2007). "Allison Watson: Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2007". Microsoft. Retrieved 2008-12-26.
- "Vodafone Egypt 3G". Adobe Systems. July 20, 2007. Retrieved 2008-12-26.