IULM University of Milan
|IULM University - Milan|
|Libera Università di Lingue e Comunicazione IULM|
|Rector||Prof. Giovanni Puglisi|
|Campus||Milan and Rome|
|Sports teams||CUS Milano (http://www.cusmilano.it/)|
History and Profile
The University Institute for Modern Languages (IULM) was founded by Carlo Bo and Silvio Baridon, both professors at the school, in 1968. It was renamed in 1998, as the IULM University of Languages and Communication, to reflect its teaching of both languages and communication.
IULM University offers five three-year degree courses:
- Public Relations and Business Communication; Communication, Media and Advertising;
- Interpreting and Communication; Tourism, Culture and Territory;
- Communication in Culture and Arts Markets.
In addition to these three-year undergraduate degree courses, IULM University offers one- and two-year post-graduate degree courses, and also research doctorate schools.
Teaching staff include managers and professionals from media and communication, professional services, business, public administration and cultural organisations. Teaching is done through lectures, classroom activities and case studies, continuous assessment, internships in Italy and abroad and through international student exchanges.
IULM University camps includes a study centre with modern teaching facilities.
The main building houses a reception desk, students’ admin. offices, the Dean’s office, the library and classrooms. New buildings have recently been added: a canteen catering for about 400 people, a building intended to become a research institute, an auditorium and a hall of residence.
These are the 4 faculties in which the university is divided into:
- Faculty of Communication, Public Relations and Advertising
- Faculty of Interpreting, Translation, Linguistic and Cultural Studies
- Faculty of Arts, Markets and Cultural Heritage
- Faculty of Tourism, Events and Territory.
1st Cycle Degrees
- Interpreting and Communication
- Public Relations and Business Communication
- Communication, Media and Advertising
- Tourism, Culture and Territory
- Communication in Culture and Arts Markets
2nd Cycle Degrees
- Specialised Translation and Conference Interpreting
- Brand, Fashion and Design: Strategies and Communication
- Consumer and Trade Marketing
- Television, Cinema and New Media
- Tourism and Culture: Promotion and Management
- Arts, Heritage and Markets
University Masters – 1st level
- Italian Fashion, Design and Luxury Product Management and Communication
- Management of Social, Political and Institutional Communication
- Tourism Management
- Management of Creative Processes
- Management of Artistic and Cultural Heritage
- Communication for the International Relations
- Health service manager
- Design-Driven Communication
- Conference Interpreting
- Multimedia Management - MIMM
Master degrees – level 2
- Managing educational institutions (MUNDIS)
- Comparative Literature
- Linguistic History of Ancient Mediterranean
- Communication and New Technologies
- Corporate Communication
- Human Interaction: Consumer Psychology, Behaviour And Communication
- IULM University - Milan Website (Italian) (English)