IU at the Style Icon Awards 2011
|Birth name||Lee Ji-eun (이지은)|
May 16, 1993 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Genres||K-pop, R&B, dance-pop|
|Occupations||Singer, Actress, Composer, Songwriter, MC, Model|
|Labels||LOEN Entertainment (Korea)
Universal Music/EMI R (Japan)
Gold Typhoon (Taiwan)
|Associated acts||LOEN Tree|
|Revised Romanization||I Jieun|
Lee Ji-eun (Korean: 이지은; born May 16, 1993), better known by her stage name IU (Korean: 아이유) is a South Korean singer, songwriter, actress, guitarist, dancer and television presenter. Her stage name is derived from the phrase "I and You", symbolizing that we can become one through music. Her fan club name is U-ana (Uaena), where each syllable has a different meaning: "you" is from English, "ae" is Sino-Korean for "love", and "na" is Korean for "me". In 2012, IU ranked No.19 on "The 23rd Annual Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces".
- 1 Career
- 1.1 2008: Debut
- 1.2 2009: First studio album, mainstream success, and other activities
- 1.3 2010: Nagging for We Got Married and third mini album
- 1.4 2011: Rising popularity, Real+, and Last Fantasy
- 1.5 2012: Japanese Debut and Spring of a Twenty Year Old
- 1.6 2013: You're the Best, Lee Soon-shin, Modern Times and Pretty Man
- 1.7 2014: Hong Kong Showcase
- 2 Endorsements and other activities
- 3 Discography
- 4 Concerts
- 5 Filmography
- 6 Awards
- 7 Music Programs
- 8 Appearances in other media
- 9 References
- 10 External links
IU debuted on Mnet M! Countdown on September 18, 2008 with her debut single "Lost Child". It was later released as the title track for her debut mini-album Lost and Found on September 24, 2008. However, she did not gain mainstream popularity until her follow-up and debut studio album Growing Up.
2009: First studio album, mainstream success, and other activities
On April 16, 2009, IU launched her first full album, titled Growing Up, with the lead promotional number "Boo". Within three weeks, "Boo" went up to the No.1 contenders for SBS Inkigayo, and her name also went up twice on Take 7 together with other notable artists like SG Wannabe and Younha. The song also did well on KBS Music Bank K-Chart, on Mnet M! Countdown chart, and on various online music charts.]
In 2009, IU sang the ending title song, "Araro", for the acclaimed MBC drama Queen Seon Duk, where she was recommended by the director, Sam Kim, citing her "clear tone and her lyrical sensibility". She was also featured on Mighty Mouth's album Love Class in the song "희망사항". In late 2009, IU recorded MC Mong's song "Love Letter to You" featuring SHINee's Key as the rapper.
2010: Nagging for We Got Married and third mini album
IU recorded the song "잔소리" (Nagging / Scolded) with 2AM's Seulong for the TV show We Got Married. On June 27, 2010, IU won her first award since her debut on SBS Inkigayo for "Nagging". On July 2, 2010, she won another award for that song on KBS Music Bank K-Chart. Soon after, IU was chosen to sing the main OST song for the MBC drama Road No. 1 titled "여자라서" (Because I'm A Woman). IU's other collaborations include duets with Yoo Seung Ho ("사랑을 믿어요" (Believe in Love)), Sung Shi Kyung ("그대네요" (It's You)), and Big Bang's Seungri ("I Know").
IU worked with some of South Korea's most famous musicians and producers for her third mini-album, Real, released in December 2010. Lee Min Soo and Kim Eana, the creators of IU's previous hit "Nagging", helped produce her award-winning song "좋은 날" ("Good Day"). IU received three SBS Inkigayo Mutizen Song awards for her performances of the song (on December 18 and December 26, 2010, and January 2, 2011), three awards from KBS Music Bank K-Chart (on December 24 and December 31, 2010, and January 7, 2011), and one award from Mnet M! Countdown on December 23, 2010.
2011: Rising popularity, Real+, and Last Fantasy
IU often covers other pop artists' songs with her guitar and features her friend Thunder from MBLAQ, most notably renditions of SHINee's "Juliette", Big Bang's "Lies", Super Junior's "Sorry, Sorry" and Girls' Generation's "Gee".
Soribada, an online music service, combined the music downloads and streams from January 1 to March 30, 2011, to name IU's song, "Good Day" as the number one song of the first quarter. Her song "Someday" from the KBS drama Dream High OST and her ballad "The Story Only I Didn't Know", from her Real+ mini-album, placed 4th and 7th place, respectively – showing that IU got 3 of the top 10 digital spots for the first quarter. Her first original composition, "Dreaming" was used in the drama Dream High, but not released officially.
On June 18, 2011, IU held her first official fanmeeting and mini-concert at AX-Korea. It also marked the 1004th day since she debuted.
On November 29, 2011, IU's second full length album Last Fantasy was released and achieved an ‘all-kill’ as all 13 songs immediately swept most of all the charts. The track list was revealed on November 22, 2011.
2012: Japanese Debut and Spring of a Twenty Year Old
On January 24, 2012, IU held a live showcase at Tokyo's Bunkamura Orchard Hall. At the time of the showcase, it was noted that she was the youngest Korean singer ever to perform at the Hall. On March 1, 2012, she released a promotional video for the Japanese version of "Good Day", the title track of her Japanese single album. The album, which includes DVD footage from the showcase, was later released on March 21, 2012.
In early April, 2012, it was announced that IU will be holding her first solo tour, "Real Fantasy", starting in June. The tour features performances in six different cities across South Korea, including Seoul and Busan.
IU released the single album, Spring of a Twenty Year Old, on May 11, 2012. The album contains three songs, one of which is self-composed by IU. This song, entitled "Peach", was digitally released before the album, on May 4, 2012. A 26-minute-long documentary-style music video film was released alongside the album, featuring the album track, "Every End of the Day", and several interviews with IU that showcase her personal thoughts and experiences. This film contains footage of IU as she visits Venice, Italy. Due to her commitments towards preparing for her first solo tour, she was unable to make broadcast promotions for the single. Additionally, while touring, she had to leave her hosting job at SBS' Inkigayo, though she returned upon the tour's completion.
You & I, IU's second Japanese single, was released on July 18.
In December, IU's entertainment company, LOEN Entertainment, announced that IU will be having a comeback in 2013. The album, which is expected to have a mature theme in opposition to the "Nation's Little Sister" image that IU has presented on her previous work.
On December 29, IU hosted the 2012 SBS Gayo Daejeon, an annual music program, alongside Miss A's Suzy and actor Jung Gyu-woon. She was selected for her "stable emceeing skills as she served as the MC for Inkigayo".
2013: You're the Best, Lee Soon-shin, Modern Times and Pretty Man
IU starred in the Weekend Korean Drama You're the Best, Lee Soon-shin from 9 March to 25 August on KBS2 Network.
On April 1, 2013, EMI Music Japan was completely merged into Universal Music Japan as a sublabel by the name EMI Records Japan as a result of Universal Music's purchase of EMI in September 2012. All the artists from EMI Music Japan will continue releasing material at Universal Music Japan while still maintaining the catalogue code (TOCT).
It is also announced that IU will be performing in Singapore for the first time in her career for the 2013 MBC Korean Music Wave concert in Singapore which also comprises SHINee, EXO, 2PM, 2AM, F.T. Island, B1A4, TeenTop, B.A.P, Kara, Sistar, Miss A and 4Minute, with "mystery superstars" set to be emcees for the night. However, the event was cancelled 10 days before it was due to be held.
On September 16, 2013, LOEN Entertainment revealed two teaser images for her impending 3rd full album, Modern Times. It is said to "include tracks of various genres ranging from jazz, Bossa Nova, to swing and Latin pop". The full album was released on October 7, 2013 and quickly topped several Korean music charts as well as Korea's major music programs.
IU starred in the Wednesday-Thursday Drama Pretty Man from 20 November 2013 to 9 January 2014 on KBS2 Network. IU was confirmed as a part of the cast of Pretty Man on October 21, 2013. She took on the role of Kim Bo Tong.
A repackaged version of Modern Times, with two additional tracks ("Friday", and "Crayon"), was released on December 20, 2013. Her self-composed title track, "Friday", achieved a perfect all-kill on the South Korean music charts. This was IU's second perfect all-kill of the year, following her success with 'The Red Shoes' in October. Also, "Friday" reached number one on all three of Korea's major music programs without any live performance.
Following the rise of "Friday" to No. 1 in Billboard's K-Pop chart, IU shares the honour for most No. 1s (four) on the chart with girl group SISTAR and indie pop-rock act Busker Busker.
2014: Hong Kong Showcase
Following her first appearance in Hong Kong on 23 June 2012 in the Music Bank in Hong Kong performance with other K-pop idols, IU brought her Modern Times Showcase to Hong Kong on 23 March 2014. She also collaborated for the debut song of the new vocal group HIGH4, which was released on April 8th.
Endorsements and other activities
IU has secured a number of endorsement deals, including the 2011 UNIONBAY clothing line (with Seo In-Guk), MyChew candy, codes combine and the action-riding game The Story of My Horse and I, Alicia. In 2011, IU became the next pop star spokesmodel for Mexicana Chicken. Samsung selected IU to represent their Anycall brand, previously endorsed by such stars as Lee Hyori, BoA, and Junki, stating "we believe that [IU] has the potential to create a big bang within the industry". In the same year, IU endorsed for SK Telecom, Namyang Dairy, S-Oil, Home Plus, Y'SB, Le Coq Sportif, Elite school uniforms, and was chosen to be the ambassador for Yeosu Expo Korea 2012. In 2012, IU secured the endorsement deals for G by Guess and cosmetics brand, The Saem as well. On December 4, 2012, it was announced that IU would endorse NCsoft's Aion: The Tower of Eternity video game.
In August 2009, IU became a host for the new program Gom Music Chart on GomTV, a weekly show where South Korean netizens vote for their favorite songs on the charts. For a time, IU became a fixed guest on Super Junior's Kiss the Radio, Maybee's Raise the Volume, and MBC's Starry Night (hosted by Park Kyung-lim and Shin Young) and Chin Chin Radio (hosted by Taeyeon). Upon Taeyeon's departure, she was chosen as a temporary DJ for two weeks together with Beast member Doojoon. IU is currently the VJ for MBC Game's Star for You. In October and November 2010, IU introduced the competing players in season 2 of GomTV's Global Starcraft II League. IU is also one of twelve original female cast members chosen for the SBS variety show Heroes. IU took up a role as Kim Pil Suk in the KBS 2TV teen drama series Dream High.
On February 6, 2011, it was announced that IU would be a guest performer for British contemporary jazz & soul singer, Corinne Bailey Rae, during her 1st Korean concert. She was also featured in K-Will's music video for his song "My Heart is Beating" along with MBLAQ's Lee Joon and Boyfriend's No Minwoo.
Between May and July in 2011, IU attended the filming for SBS's Kiss & Cry, where celebrities show off their figure skating skills. However, she was eliminated in Episode 8. Also during this time, she participated in KBS Immortal Song 2. However due to her overwhelming schedule of "Kiss & Cry" and MC duties for “Inkigayo”, she withdrawn from Immortal Song to focus on her upcoming album.
IU performed at the 2011 GSL Blizzard Cup finals, with the songs "Good Day" and "You and I". This is not the first time she would be involved in the GSL, as she also did the voice over for the player introductions and openers in previous seasons as well.
On March 22, 2012, IU along with ZE:A member Yim Si-wan and Hwang Kwanghee starred in a Samsung CF for their latest smartphone, the 'Wave 3'. It is a three-part drama titled '20, the start of the Wave', which introduced various apps and tools of the 'Wave 3'.
On January 24, 2013, IU was confirmed as one of the leading roles for new KBS2TV weekend drama You're the Best, Lee Soon-shin, portraying a seemingly unlucky girl who remains courageous and bright. Filming for the drama began in February and premiered on March 9, 2013.
|2011||Dream High||KBS2||Kim Pil-suk||Supporting role|
|Welcome to the Show||SBS||Herself||Episode 1|
|2012||Dream High 2||KBS2||Kim Pil-suk||Episode 1 (cameo appearance)|
|Salamander Guru and The Shadows||SBS||Pickpocket Jieun||Episode 6
|2012||Sammy's Great Escape (Sammy's Adventures 2)||Movie||Ella||Voice acting|
|2013||You're the Best, Lee Soon-shin||KBS2||Lee Soon-shin||Leading role|
|Pretty Man||KBS2||Kim Bo-tong||Female leading role|
|2011||Kim Yu-na's Kiss and Cry||Contestant||until episode 8|
|The Music Trend||Co-hostess||March 20, 2011 – July 28, 2013|
|1 vs. 100||KBS2||Guest|
|Immortal Song 2||Contestant|
|Entertainment Broadcast||Guest||as guest for "Guerilla Date"|
|You Hee-Yeol's Sketchbook||Guest|
|Come to Play||MBC||Guest||March 14, 2011|
|Radio Star||Musical guest||March 30, 2011|
|Running Man||Guest||Episode 43|
|Strong Heart||Guest||December 20, 2011|
|Mak Irae Show||Tooniverse||Guest||July 15, 2011|
|Night After Night||SBS||Guest|
|2012||Running Man||Guest||Episode 77, 96, 97|
|MTV Music Island||Musical guest||as premier episode guest|
|Strong Heart||Guest||May 22, 2012 & May 29, 2012|
|Gayo Daejeon||Co-hostess||December 29|
|Jung Jae-hyung & Lee Hyori's You and I||SBS||Musical guest||as premier episode guest|
|Quiz Show Q||MBC||Co-hostess|
|2013||Running Man||SBS||Guest||Episode 168|
|Happy Together||KBS2||Guest||Episode 323|
|Weekly Idol||MBC Every 1||Guest||November 6, 2013 & November 13, 2013|
|Picnic Live Soundscape - IU's Secret Vacation||MBC Music||Host||November 11, 2013|
|Hidden Singer||JTBC||Original Singer||Season 2, Episode 7|
|2014||Music Travel Yesterday ||MBC||Musical Guest||March 2, 2014 & March 9, 2014|
|Get It Beauty||OnStyle||Guest||Episode 1|
|Show Champion 100th Episode Special||MBC||Performer||March 19, 2014|
|2008||Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism||Power Rookie Award||Won|
|2010||2nd Melon Music Awards||2010 TOP 10||Won|
|11th Korea Visual Arts Festival||Photogenic Award||Won|
|17th Republic of Korea Entertainment Arts Awards Ceremony||New Generation Singer Award||Won|
|25th Golden Disk Awards||Digital Music Bonsang||Won|
|Cyworld Digital Music Awards||Song Of The Month (June) ("Nagging")||Won|
|Song Of The Month (December) ("Good Day")||Won|
|20th Seoul Music Awards||Bonsang Award||Won|
|Best Digital Album (Real)||Won|
|SBS Entertainment Awards||Variety New Star Award||Won|
|2011||3rd Melon Music Awards||2011 Top 10||Won|
|Song of the Year (Digital Daesang)||Won|
|5th Mnet 20's Choice Awards||Hot CF Star||Won|
|Cyworld Digital Music Awards||Song Of The Month (December) ("You and I")||Won|
|Artist Of The Year||Won|
|Best Top Seller Artist||Won|
|21st Seoul Music Awards||Bonsang Award||Won|
|Best Album (Last Fantasy)||Won|
|Korea Advertising Association Awards||Good Model Award||Won|
|Allkpop Awards||Best Female Solo Artist||Won|
|TVCF Awards||Model of the Year||Won|
|Style Icon Awards||Top 10 Style Icon||Won|
|2011 Soompi Gayo Awards||Top Female Soloists of 2011 - Gold||Won|
|Nickelodeon Korea Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite Female Singer||Won|
|2012||1st Gaon Chart Awards||Song of the Year (February)||Won|
|Song of the Year (December)||Won|
|4th Melon Music Awards||2012 Album (Last Fantasy)||Nominated|
|2012 Netizen Popularity Award ("You & I")||Nominated|
|2012 Top 10||Won|
|2012 T-Store Best Song Award ("You & I")||Nominated|
|7th Asia Model Festival Awards||BBF Pop Singer Award||Won|
|9th Korean Music Awards||Female Musician of the Year Netizen Vote||Won|
|Song of the Year ("Good Day")||Won|
|Best Korean Pop Song ("Good Day")||Won|
|24th Korean PD Awards||Singer Award||Won|
|Billboard||21 Under 21||15 of 21|
|Cyworld Digital Music Awards||Song Of The Month (May) ("Peach")||Won|
|Nickelodeon Korea Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite Female Singer||Won|
|2013||Korean Entertainment 10th Anniversary Awards In Japan||Best Female Solo Singer||Won|
|27th Japan Gold Disk Awards||Best 3 New Artists (Asia)||Won|
|5th Melon Music Awards||2013 Top 10||Won|
|SBS MTV Best of the Best||Best Solo (female)||Won|
|2013 Sona Awards||Best Artist (female)||Won|
|KBS Drama Awards||Best Couple Award with Jang Geun-suk (Pretty Man)||Nominated|
|Best Couple Award with Jo Jung-suk (You're the Best, Lee Soon-shin)||Won|
|Best New Actress (You're the Best, Lee Soon-shin)||Won|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama
(You're the Best, Lee Soon-shin)
|2014||3rd Gaon Chart Awards||Song of the Year (October)||Won|
Mnet Asian Music Awards
The Mnet Asian Music Awards (abbreviated as a MAMA), formerly "M.net KM Music Festival" (MKMF) (1999 - 2008), is a major K-pop music award show that is held by Mnet Media annually in South Korea. Daesang Award (Grand Prize) is equivalent Artist of the Year.
|12th||2010||IU/Seulong – “Nagging”||Best Collaboration||Nominated|
|Sung Shi Kyung/IU – “It’s You”||Best Collaboration||Nominated|
|13th||2011||"Good Day"||Best Female Singer - Solo||Nominated|
|Best Vocal Performance - Solo||Won|
|“Someday” (Dream High O.S.T.)||Best O.S.T.||Nominated|
|14th||2012||"You and I"||Artist of the Year||Nominated|
|Song of the Year||Nominated|
|Best Female Artist||Won|
|Best Vocal Performance - Solo||Nominated|
|15th||2013||"The Red Shoes"||Best Female Artist||Nominated|
|Best Vocal Performance - Female||Nominated|
|Artist of the Year||Nominated|
|BC - UnionPay Song of the Year||Nominated|
These are a collection of IU's wins on Korea's televised music shows. Inkigayo is aired on SBS, M! Countdown on Korean cable channel M.net, Music Bank on KBS, Show Champion, Show! Music Core on MBC Music and Music on Top on Korean cable channel jTBC.
|December 24||Good Day|
|December 9||You & I|
|2013||October 18||The Red Shoes|
|December 19||Good Day|
|December 18||You & I|
|2013||October 20||The Red Shoes|
|2010||December 23||Good Day|
|2013||October 17||The Red Shoes|
Music On Top
|2012||January 12||You & I|
|2013||October 16||The Red Shoes|
Show! Music Core
|2013||October 19||The Red Shoes|
Appearances in other media
In December 2011, LOEN Entertainment together with dooub, Inc. released an iOS game IU SHAKE.
- 아이유(IU). people.nate.com
- Teenage Singer IU Is Open to Surprises @ HanCinema :: The Korean Movie and Drama Database, discover the South Korean cinema and drama diversity. Hancinema.net. Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- "IU practices for her 2nd solo concert later this month". November 15, 2013. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "The "Independent Critics" List... 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2012". 2012-12-26. Retrieved 2013-07-29.
- IU in KBS WORLD
- "IU sings for Queen Seon Duk OST". All K-pop. 2009-09-09. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "IU had famous helpers for her upcoming mini-album, "REAL"". All K-pop. 2010-12-03. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Interview with the Producers of IU’s ‘Good Day’. Retrieved on 2012-02-24.
- Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook. July 20, 2009. Youtube.com (2009-07-20). Retrieved on 2011-10-24.
- "IU to hold first official fanmeeting (+ mini-concert) on June 18th". IU ♥ WeHeartIU – Lee Jieun International Forum; Weheartiu.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- IU releases "Hold My Hand" from 'The Greatest Love' OST. All K-pop. (2011-05-24). Retrieved on 2012-04-23.
- IU achieves an ‘all-kill’ with her new album, ‘Last Fantasy’. Allkpop.com (2011-11-28). Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- IU reveals her comeback teaser photo. Retrieved on 2011-11-18.
- "IU to hold Japan Showcase Live next January". IU ♥ WeHeartIU – Lee Jieun International Forum; Weheartiu.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- IU becomes the youngest Korean singer to perform at Japan's Bunkamura Orchard Hall. All K-pop. 2011-12-14. Retrieved on 2012-06-07.
- IU's PV for Japanese debut single "Good Day" released All K-pop. (2012-02-29). Retrieved on 2012-04-23.
- YESASIA: Good Day – Type A (SINGLE+DVD+PHOTO BOOKLET)(First Press Limited Edition)(Japan Version) CD – IU, Toshiba EMI – Japanese Music – Free Shipping Yesasia.com. Retrieved on 2012-04-23.
- IU performs 'Good Day' on Music Japan All K-pop. (2012-04-08). Retrieved on 2012-04-23.
- IU to hold her first ever solo concert tour! All K-pop. (2012-04-05). Retrieved on 2012-04-23.
- IU releases new single, 'Spring of a Twenty Year Old'. All K-pop. (2012-05-10). Retrieved on 2012-05-20.
- IU releases new single "Peach". All K-pop. (2012-04-04). Retrieved on 2012-04-04.
- IU releases music video film for 'Every End of the Day'. All K-pop. (2012-05-11). Retrieved on 2012-05-20.
- "IU to forego broadcast promotions for "Peach" to focus on tour preparations". 3 May 2012. Star Nate News. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- IU to release "You & I" as her 2nd Japanese single in July. allkpop. (2012-05-2012). Retrieved on 2012-06-05.
- IU to return with a more mature concept around March or April of next year. allkpop. (2012-12-15). Retrieved on 2012-12-16.
- IU, Suzy, and actor Jung Kyeo Woon to host the ’2012 SBS Gayo Daejun’. allkpop. (2012-12-25). Retrieved on 2013-01-09.
- UNIVERSAL MUSIC JAPAN
- "IU to perform in Shanghai and Hongkong in March". February 14, 2014. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "IU to collaborate with upcoming vocal group HIGH4". March 11, 2014. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "IU may have earned over 4 million dollars in 2010". All K-pop. 2010-12-29. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "IU and Seo In Kook model for UNIONBAY". Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "IU's sponsored innerwear selca for codes combine". Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "IU chosen as new model for "Mexicana Chicken"". Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "Samsung Anycall picks up ‘almighty’ IU to be their model". Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- G by Guess. Weheartiu.com (2012-01-25). Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- The Saem. Weheartiu.com. Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- IU to endorse NCSoft game Aion. allkpop. (2012-12-04). Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- "IU does player introductions for Sony Ericsson GSL Season 2". All K-Pop. 2010-10-22. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- "SBS finalizes the 12 member female cast for new variety show Heroes". All K-Pop. 2010-07-02. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "IU transforms into an ‘ugly girl’ for "Dream High"". All K-pop. 2010-12-27. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- IU to perform at Bailey Raes concert in Korea. Koreatimes.co.kr. Retrieved on 2011-10-24.
- (Korean) "아이유·크리스탈 '피겨 퀸' 도전…'키스앤크라이' 경연 공개". Nate. 2011-05-13. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- (Korean) "여고생 아이유 열공!". Nate. 2011-07-12. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "Yesung, Min, IU, Yoseob & more confirmed for "Immortal Song 2″". Allkpop. 2011-05-04. Retrieved 2012-11-22.
- "IU to permanently withdraw from KBS’s Immortal Song 2". 2011-06-05. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- Blizzard CUP Final Broadcasting Schedule. Gomtv.net. Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- 2011 GSL Award Ceremony Video – Requires Premium Pass. Gomtv.net. Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- IU does player introductions for Sony Ericsson GSL Season 2. Allkpop.com (2010-10-22). Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- "IU and ZE:A's Siwan star in part one of 'Wave 3' CF drama". Allkpop. 2012-03-24. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- IU's First Exclusive Concert, Uncle Fans Go Wild | Soompi. Soompi. 2012-06-04. Retrieved on 2012-07-26.
- IU to hold her 2nd solo concert this November | allkpop. allkpop. 2013-10-15.
- ’93-line’ IU, Luna & Jiyeon take selcas at “Come to Play”. Allkpop. March 9, 2011. Retrieved July 8, 2012.
- MBC to also cancel ‘Quiz Show Q’. allkpop. (2012-12-11). Retrieved on 2013-01-10.
- Love is like Rainwater outside the Window on YouTube
- One Step Closer on YouTube
- "Winners from the 2010 Melon Music Awards". Allkpop. 2010-12-16. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- Winners from the 25th Golden Disk Awards. Allkpop.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-24.
- Cyworld Digital Music Awards – Song Of The Month (June) "Nagging". Cyworld. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Cyworld Digital Music Awards – Song Of The Month (December) "Good Day". Cyworld. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Winners from the 20th High1 Seoul Music Awards. Allkpop.com (2011-01-20). Retrieved on 2011-10-24.
- "Winners from the ’2011 Melon Music Awards’". Allkpop. 2011-11-24. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- Winners from the 2011 Mnet 20’s Choice Awards. Allkpop.com (2011-07-07). Retrieved on 2011-10-24.
- Cyworld Digital Music Awards – Song Of The Month (December) "You and I". Cyworld. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Winners from the 21st Seoul Music Awards. allkpop. (2012-01-19). Retrieved 2012-11-22.
- Award winners. Tvcf.co.kr. Retrieved on 2012-08-20.
- "2011 Soompi Gayo Awards Results". Soompi. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Yoo Jae-suk, voted as best comedian by kids for five consecutive years". Starnews. 2012-04-12. Retrieved 2013-01-08.
- Winners from the ’2012 MelOn Music Awards’!. allkpop. (2012-12-14) Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- from the 9th Korean Music Awards. Daum.net (2012-02-20) Retrieved on 2012-02-21.
- from the 9th Korean Music Awards. Naver.net (2012-02-29) Retrieved on 2012-02-29.
- IU: 21 Under 21 (2012) | Billboard. Billboard. (2012-09-17). Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- Cyworld Digital Music Awards – Song Of The Month (May) "Peach". Cyworld. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- "Girls’ Generation, KARA, Big Bang and more win at the Japan Gold Disc Awards 2013". DailyKPopNews. Retrieved Jan 9, 2013.
- Lee, Cory (2 January 2014). "Kim Hye-soo Reclaims Glory, Good Doctor, Secret Love Win Big at the 2013 KBS Drama Awards". TenAsia. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Winners at the 2010 Mnet Asian Music Awards!". Allkpop. 2010-11-28. Retrieved 2012-11-24.
- "Winners from the 2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards". Allkpop. 2011-11-29. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards Nominees Announced". Manila Bulletin Publishing Corporation. 2012-10-24. Retrieved 2012-11-04.
- "Winners from the ’2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards’". Allkpop. November 30, 2012. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- "IU wins K-Chart on Music Bank + other performances". Allkpop. 2010-12-24. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "IU wins "Music Bank" triple crown + other performances". Allkpop. 2011-01-07. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "IU wins Music Bank K-Chart + Performances from December 9th". Allkpop. 2011-12-09. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "IU wins Music Bank K-Chart + Performances from December 16th!". Allkpop. 2011-12-16. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "IU wins K-Chart triple crown + Music Bank performances from 12/23". Allkpop. 2011-12-23. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "IU wins Music Bank K-Chart 5th week in a row + Performances from January 6th". Allkpop. 2012-01-06. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "IU wins 6th’s consecutive ‘Music Bank’ K-Chart + Performances from January 13th". Allkpop. 2012-01-13. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "IU wins Inkigayo Mutizen + other performances". Allkpop. 2010-12-19. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "IU wins Inkigayo Mutizen again + other performancesh". Allkpop. 2010-12-26. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "IU wins Inkigayo mutizen + Performances from December 18th". Allkpop. 2011-12-18. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "IU wins Inkigayo mutizen + Performances from 12/24". Allkpop. 2011-12-25. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "IU wins ‘Inkigayo’ triple crown + Performances from January 1st". Allkpop. 2012-01-01. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "IU wins #1 on M! Countdown + other performances". Allkpop. 2010-12-23. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "IU wins #1 + Performances from October 17th 'M! Countdown'!". Allkpop. 2013-10-17. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "IU wins #1 On MCountdown this week! :o 2013.10.24". Allkpop. 2013-10-24. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "IU wins #1 + Performances from January 12th’s ‘Music on Top’". Allkpop. 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "아이유 셰이크 (IU SHAKE)". December 12, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to IU (singer).|
- Official website (Korean)
- Official website (Japanese)
- IU on LOEN Entertainment (English) (Korean)
- IU on Universal Music (Japanese)
- IU on Facebook
- IU on Twitter
- IU's channel on YouTube
- IUVEVO's channel on YouTube
- IU at the Internet Movie Database