IV Fighter Command
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|IV Fighter Command|
|Branch||United States Army Air Forces|
|Type||Command and Control|
- Constituted as IV Interceptor Command on 26 May 1941
- Activated on 8 July 1941
- Redesignated as IV Fighter Command in May 1942
- Disbanded on 31 March 1944.
- Fourth Air Force, 8 July 1941-31 March 1944
- Los Angeles Fighter Wing: 1942-1944
- Seattle Fighter Wing: 1942-1944
- San Diego Fighter Wing: 1942-1944
- San Francisco Fighter Wing: 1942-1944.
- March Field, California, 8 July 1941
- Riverside Municipal Airport, California, c. July 1941
- Oakland Airport, California, June 1942-31 March 1944.
Provided air defense for the west coast; trained fighter organizations and personnel.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.