IZArc 3.81 on Windows Vista
|Stable release||4.1.8 (July 4, 2013[±])|
|Operating system||Windows 2000 and later|
IZArc (pronounced "easy-arc") is a freeware file archiver for Microsoft Windows developed by Bulgarian programmer Ivan Zahariev. In addition to the most commonly used archive formats, like zip, rar, gzip, tar.gz, bzip2, and 7z, IZArc handles a large number of less common formats (48 in total, see below). Another distinguishing feature of IZArc is its ability to convert archives into different formats (including CD images and conversion between self-extracting and standard archives).
- Archive conversion
- CD Images conversion
- Disk spanning from and to multiple diskettes or other removable media
- Creation of Multi-Volume Sets
- Merging of Multi-Volume Sets
- Creation of self-extracting archives
- UnSFX (Reconversion of self-extracting .EXE files to standard archives)
- Broken archive repair
- UU/XX/MIME Encode/Decode
- Encryption of files using Rijndael - AES (256-bits) encryption
- Decryption of (.ize) files
- CD/DVD Images support (ISO, BIN, MDF, NRG, IMG, C2D, PDI, CDI)
- Integration in Windows Explorer context menu
- Automatic installation of most software distributed in archive files
- Virus Scan feature
- Import and export settings
- Multi-language interface
- Skinnable interface
IZArc (as of version 4.1.2) currently supports the following file formats: 7-Zip, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, B64, BH, BIN, BZ2, BZA, C2D, CAB, CDI, CPIO, DEB, ENC, GCA, GZ, GZA, HA, IMG, ISO, JAR, LHA, LIB, LZH, MBF, MDF, MIM, NRG, PAK, PDI, PK3, RAR, RPM, TAR, TAZ, TBZ, TGZ, TZ, UUE, WAR, XXE, YZ1, Z, ZIP, ZOO.
As of version 4.0 beta 1 IZArc adds Unicode support and more 7-zip support which solves some problems mentioned below.
IZArc's lack of support for Unicode limits its use across various languages. IZArc does not support ISO editing. IZArc has incomplete 7-Zip support and lacks the add, move, or update actions, as well as encryption and parameter modification. Also unlike 7-zip, it does not appear to decipher Microsoft installer files (.msi) that include files compressed with LZX:21 and some setup files of type 7-zip.PE. While IZArc achieves a very high speed when compressing to the 7z format, and still a high speed with the widespread ZIP format, its compression is slow when handling other archive formats.
Command line add-on
Command Line Add-on is a set of advanced command line tools for Windows. It can be executed by calling from batch files, run from script files or executed from other applications. Its newest version is 1.1 (Build 140).
IZArc is also available as a portable application called IZArc2Go. It includes all features and functions of the permanently installed version, except explorer shell-menu integration and the ability to associate file types with it.
- "IZArc". Softpedia. SoftNews. Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- "How to convert RAR files to ZIP files" liutilities.com. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "IZArc, a freeware archive and broken archive repair utility" The Windows Club. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Automate Zipping Tasks using the Command-line Interface" Computing Tidbits. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- CNET staff (5 July 2011)"IZArc2Go" CNET. Retrieved 25 November 2013.