|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (January 2013)|
|Industry||Software industry/SIP licensing?|
iZotope, Inc. is an audio technology company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States. iZotope develops professional audio software for audio recording, mixing, broadcast, sound design, and mastering which can be used in Digital Audio Workstation programs including Pro Tools, Apple Logic Pro and GarageBand, Cakewalk SONAR, Nuendo, Digital Performer, WaveLab, Reaper, FL Studio, Ableton Live and others. In addition, iZotope creates and licenses audio DSP technology including noise reduction, sample rate conversion, dithering, time stretching, and audio enhancement to hardware and software companies in the consumer and pro audio industries.
Pro-Audio Tools and Virtual Instrument Software
- Alloy 2 (released 8/14/2012) — channel strip plugin with EQ, Transient Shaper, Dynamics, Exciter, Limiter, and De-Esser
- ANR-B (released 10/5/2007) — iZotope's only hardware unit — adaptive realtime noise reduction for broadcast audio
- BreakTweaker (released 01/23/2014) — drum sculpting and beat sequencing machine that blurs the line between rhythm and melody
- Insight (released 11/13/2012) — CALM Act compliant essential metering suite
- Iris (released 4/17/2012) — spectral sampling re-synthesizer featuring spectral selection tools
- Nectar 2 (released 11/2013) — vocal production suite
- Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced (released 11/9/2011) — complete mastering effects system including eight essential mastering tools
- RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced (released 9/12/2013)— complete audio restoration suite
- Stutter Edit (released 1/13/2011) — sample stutter effects and slicing
- Trash 2 (released 11/19/2012) — 64-bit modeling of guitar amplifiers, distortions, delays and filters
- Vinyl (released 1/2/2001) — record simulation and lo-fi effect
Mobile and Consumer Audio
- iDrum and iDrum Mobile (acquired on 4/12/2006) — virtual drum machine
- Music and Speech Cleaner — audio cleanup and enhancement suite
- Sonifi — mobile remix mobile application developed by Sonik Architects
- The T-Pain Effect (released 7/20/2011) — beat and vocal recording software with pitch correction
Third Party Plugins
- Ozone Maximizer Rack Extension (released 6/14/2012) for Reason — Reason 6.5 Rack Extension
- Mastering Essentials (released 1/20/2012) for Acoustica Mixcraft Pro Studio 6
- Radius (released 5/19/2006) — world-class time stretching and pitch shifting for Logic Pro and SoundTrack Pro
- Ozone MP — analog modeled audio enhancement for Winamp and Windows Media Player
- pHATmatik PRO — loop-based sampler
- PhotonShow — photo slideshow software
- PhotonTV — photo slideshow software
- Spectron (released 6/3/2003) — 64-bit spectral effects processor
iZotope has recently branched out its business to include software and technology licensing after ten years of developing audio processing algorithms and tools for their own software. iZotope offers development of technology for Mac and Windows platforms, Mobile, Video Game, and Embedded DSP. Clients have included Sony, Adobe, Xbox, Harmonix, Smule, Sonoma Wire Works, and most recently, Blue Microphones. Algorithms are delivered as a plugin or SDK for easy implementation. To date, iZotope technology has shipped in nearly 68 million products worldwide.
Mac/PC iZotope has audio technology readily available in the form of VST, DirectX, AudioUnits, RTAS or AudioSuite plug-ins. Typical uses for licensed technology for Mac or PC applications include audio finalizing, music production, audio for video, presentation audio, metering to address broadcast loudness standards, and media playback. Categories of available licensed technologies include audio enhancement, voice enhancement, audio repair tools, creative tools, DJ tools, audiophile tools, time manipulation and audio for video.
iZotope has developed plugins for use directly in Audiokinetic WWise for audio enhancement, voice effects occlusion and room modeling. In addition, iZotope has developed sound design tools and special effects for sound designers using the FMOD middleware engine. For middleware engines supporting XAudio and Multistream formats, iZotope has a collection of licensable DSP for use in music related games or karaoke.
- Core FX
- Audio Repair
- DJ FX
- Vocal FX
- Trash FX
- Fun FX
Noise reduction DSP is available for use in hardware using Analog Devices SHARC and Blackfin processors. In 2012, iZotope embedded Adaptive Noise Reduction and Keyboard Click Reduction technologies on Blue Microphones' Tiki USB Mic.
- Omega — realtime time and pitch control
- Radius — natural time stretching technology. Integrated into Digidesign's Pro Tools Elastic Time as well as Cakewalk SONAR. Available as a plug-in for Apple Logic Pro. 
- SRC — 64-bit sample rate conversion.
Notable Licensing Partners
|Mac & Windows||Video Games||Mobile|
- iZotope receives a thank you from Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails on the album credits of Year Zero
- Just Blaze talks about using Ozone on his latest project with Jay-Z
- Garbage talks about using Stutter Edit, Ozone, and Trash
- Skrillex talks about putting Ozone on his tracks
Awards and Accolades
- Computer Music (magazine) Editor's Choice and Performer's Choice — Ozone 5 Advanced
- Music Tech (magazine) Music Tech Choice — Ozone 5 Advanced
- Pro Audio Review PAR Excellence Award Nomination — Ozone 5
- Musik Messe International Press Award — Nectar
- TEC Award Nomination Musical Instrument Tech/Software — Stutter Edit
- Cinema Audio Society Awards Post Production Technical Achievement Nomination — Ozone 5
- TEC Award Nomination Signal Processing/ Tech/Software — Alloy
- Pro Audio Review PAR Excellence Award — Nectar
- Audiomedia Magazine Product of the Year — Ozone 4
- Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award — Ozone 4
- Cinema Audio Society Awards Post Production Winner — RX 2
- Mix Magazine Certified Hit — Alloy
- Pro Audio Review PAR Excellence Award — Alloy
- TEC Award, Signal Processing Technology/Software — Ozone 4
- Bestcovery.com Best Pick Award — Ozone 4
- Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award — RX
- Radio World Cool Stuff Award — ANR-B
- Broadcast Engineering Award — ANR-B
- Pro Audio Review NAB Hot Gear List — ANR-B
- Remix Magazine Technology Award — RX
- Computer Music (magazine) Editor's Choice — RX
- Computer Music (magazine) Performance Award — RX
- Beat Magazine Editor's Recommendation — RX
- Anderton Award — iZotope, Inc.
- Cardinal Richelieu Memorial Power Behind the Throne — iZotope, Inc.
- Future Music Magazine' Ace Award — Ozone 3
- Guitar One Mark of Excellence — Trash
- Hitsquad.com Editor's Choice Award — Vinyl
- Freedownloadmanager.org User's Choice Award — Vinyl
Misc. It Enquirer Mac OS X Software of The Past Decade — iZotope, Inc.
- McConnon, Brian. "Alloy releases Alloy 2, Essential Mixing Tools". Music Marcom. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Alloy". iZotope, Inc.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Unveils ANR-B Hardware for Broadcase". Music Marcom. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "ANR-B". iZotope, Inc.
- "iZotope Releases BreakTweaker". iZotope, Inc.
- "Vinyl". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Releases Insight™: Essential Metering Suite". Music Marcom. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Ozone". iZotope, Inc.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Releases Iris". Music Marcom. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Iris". iZotope, Inc.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Ships Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced". Music Marcom. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Ozone". iZotope, Inc.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope and BT Introduce Stutter Edit". Music Marcom. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Stutter Edit". iZotope, Inc.
- "iZotope Releases Trash 2". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Trash". iZotope, Inc.
- "iZotope Releases Free Vinyl Plug-In". iZotope, Inc.
- "Vinyl". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- McConnon, Brian. "IZOTOPE ACQUIRES IDRUM AND PHATMATIK PRO". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "iDrum". iZotope, Inc.
- "Music and Speech Cleaner".
- "Sonifi iPhone App lets your fingers remix music". Los Angeles Times. 17 November 2009.
- McConnon, Brian. "T-Pain and iZotope Introduce The T-Pain Effect". Music Marcom. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Releases Ozone Maximizer Rack Extension for Reason". Music Marcom. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Introduces Mastering Essentials". Music Marcom.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Releases iZotope Radius for Logic". Music Marcom. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Acquires iDrum and pHATmatik PRO". Music Marcom. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Introducing iZotope Spectron". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Spectron". iZotope, Inc.
- McConnon, Brian. "iZotope Technology Licensed for Inclusion in Rock Band 3". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "tiki FAQ". Blue Microphones.
- "Powered By iZotope". iZotope, Inc. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "Mac/Win". iZotope. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "Audio for iOS". iZotope. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "Embedded Audio Repair Tools". iZotope. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "Winners Announced for the 65th Primetime Emmy Engineering Awards". Retrieved 24 February 2014.
||This section includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but the sources of this section remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013)|
- Frakes, Dan (October 7, 2008). "Editors' Notes – An array of audio offerings at AES – iZotope iDrum Hip-Hop Edition and iDrum Club Edition:". MacWorld. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- Rogerson, Ben (October 6, 2008). "iZotope Ozone 4 promises better mastering A pro sound from within your DAW?". MusicRadar.com. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- Alexander, Jason Scott (June 1, 2008). "Field Test: iZotope RX Advanced Restoration SoftwareEASY-TO-USE MODULES OFFER TRANSPARENT, MUSICAL RESULTS". Mix. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "IZotope Ozone 4 en janvier...". PC Music (in French). 7 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "iZotope Ozone 4 en enero de 2009". Hispasonic (in Spanish). Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "RX Review in Mix Magazine - June Issue". MixMagazine. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "ANR-B Review in Sound on Sound Magazine - April". SoundOnSoundMagazine. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "RX featured in Electronic Musician "Noises Off" - August". ElectronicMusician. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Ozone 3 review in Mix Magazine- Mar.2004". MixMagazine. Retrieved 2008-10-28.