I Bet You
|This section requires expansion with: Critical reception. (January 2011)|
|I Bet You|
I Bet You title card.
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||24 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original channel||MOJO HD|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original run||April 16, 2007 – July 10, 2008|
I Bet You is a show about the lives of best friends and professional poker players Phil "The Unabomber" Laak and Antonio "The Magician" Esfandiari as they wandered the streets of America betting and daring each other on anything and everything that inspired them, using their own money.
The series was produced by NorthSouth Productions for the MOJO HD network. Two seasons aired on MOJO HD before the network went down on December 1, 2008; a third season was filmed but has gone unaired.
Most episodes were centered around a big bet (referred to in the title of the episode) of which the development was shown in several pieces. Between those pieces, smaller bets around town were shown.
The first season consisted of eight regular episodes and two bonus episodes. The second season premiered on April 10, 2008 at 9:30 PM and concluded its 14 episodes on July 10.
|Season #||# of Discs||# of Episodes||Region 1 release|
|1||2||10||June 24, 2008|
- Dealer Dolls-Poker Dealers (1 episode, 2007)
- Brian Danner-Himself (1 episode)
- Tim Weske-Himself (1 episode)
- Antonio Esfandiari-Himself - Host (unknown episodes, 2007)
- Phil Laak-Himself - Host (unknown episodes, 2007)
- Melissa Pollard-Poker Dealer (unknown episodes, 2007)
- "I Bet You: Season 1 DVD PRE-ORDER - shop.MOJOHD.com". Retrieved June 19, 2008.
- "I Bet You - Mojo & Infinity Roll the Dice on a DVD Release for this Series!". May 9, 2008. Retrieved June 19, 2008.
- ESPN: The Poker Edge: 7/24
- Antonio Esfandiari (December 7, 2007). "Almost My Birthday". Retrieved June 19, 2008.
- "I Bet You - A Short Delay for the 1st Season DVDs of this Mojo HD Series". May 27, 2008. Retrieved June 19, 2008.