I Can Read!
I Can Read! is a line of beginning reading books published by HarperCollins.
The series is rated by level and widely used to teach children to read English. The first book in the series was Else Holmelund Minarik's Little Bear, published in 1957 (see below), and subsequent notable titles have included Amelia Bedelia and Frog and Toad.
The I Can Read! series divides its output into 5 levels:
- My First - For reading aloud to children.
- Level 1 - For children who have begun to read sounds and sentences aloud.
- Level 2 - For children who can read confidently, but still benefit from help.
- Level 3 - Enjoyable titles for children to read unassisted.
- Level 4 - Advanced titles to develop the readers' affinity with books.
There are now over 200 titles in the series.
Other languages and formats 
Some I Can Read! books are also available in Spanish and in audio-book format.
Selected Titles 
- Amelia Bedelia Series, Peggy and Herman Parish
- At Home in a New Land, Joan Sandin
- Biscuit Series, Alyssa Satin Capucilli
- Danny and the Dinosaur, Syd Hoff
- Frog and Toad Series, Arnold Lobel
- Little Bear series, by Else Holmelund Minarik pictures by Maurice Sendak
- Two Silly Trolls, Nancy Jewell
- The Witch Who Was Afraid of Witches, Alice Low
- "Biscuit Goes to School" by Alyssa Satin Capucilli; pictures by Pat Schories. Fiction, 26 pages. Harper Collins Publishers, 2002. ISBN 978-0-06-443616-8. ISBN:-10:0-06-443616-0.