I Didn't Do It (TV series)
|I Didn't Do It|
|Created by||Tod Himmel
|Opening theme||"Time of Our Lives", performed by Olivia Holt|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||25 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Tod Himmel
|Running time||22-24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||It's a Laugh Productions|
|Original channel||Disney Channel|
|Original run||January 17, 2014– present|
I Didn't Do It is a Disney Channel Original Series that premiered on Disney Channel. The series stars Olivia Holt, Austin North, Piper Curda, Peyton Clark, and Sarah Gilman. A pilot for the series was announced November 2012 with production of the pilot scheduled for January 2013. The series was picked up on June 18, 2013. The series began production in summer of 2013 and started airing on January 17, 2014. The series is created by Tod Himmel and Josh Silverstein. On July 3, 2014, Disney ordered a second season of the series.
In the series, brother–sister twins Lindy and Logan Watson, together with their three best friends, Jasmine, Garrett and Delia, begin their freshman year of high school at Ditka High. In Season 1, each episode began with a comedic 'what just happened?' situation, and then the story is told in flashbacks. This concept was abandoned at the start of Season 2.
Cast and characters
- Lindy Watson (Olivia Holt) grew up geeky, nerdy, an outcast, and on the athletic side. She walks into high school with a brand new look with her best friend who shows her how to be fashionable, which she is now, branching out and becoming a new girl. In "Dance Fever", her nemesis is shown to be a girl named Sherri (Peyton List), and it also shows that she has had perfect attendance for 8 years without missing school. In "Snow Problem" it is revealed that Lindy is a good snowboarder. Lindy can be a "goody two shoes" and is sometimes used as a stamp of approval by her friends when they ask their parents if they can go places.
- Logan Watson (Austin North) is very laid back, cool, chill, and confident, and has big plans on making his mark on high school. But those plans sometimes collide with his twin sister, Lindy. Logan often tries to take the easy way out of things, doing that so much his friends have dubbed it 'Loganing'. He is also not the most intelligent or dedicated student. Jasmine has feelings for Logan, but he doesn't seem to notice.
- Jasmine Kang (Piper Curda) is a smart, daring, and fashion-forward teenager. She is also always supportive of her four best friends. A fashionista since third grade, Jasmine thrives on good grades, pulling off daring pranks, and having the perfect outfit for every occasion. In the episode "Lindy Nose Best", Jasmine develops a crush on Logan and almost admits it to Logan before he told her that he was going to the movies with a character named Jenna. In "Bad News", her last name was revealed to be Kang. In the episode "Slumber Partay", she continues to focus on her crush on Logan when it is her turn to talk about boys.
- Garrett Spenger (Peyton Clark) is a bit of a mysophobe and can be obsessive about the most obscure details. His affinity for cleanliness and order constantly gets pushed to its limits by his four friends. In "Dear High School Self", it was shown that Garrett is bad at puzzles. In "If It Tastes Like a Brussels Sprout", he doesn't use public toilets. In "Now Museum, Now You Don't", it was revealed that he has a habit of biting his nails. In "Lindy Nose Best", it was revealed that his last name is Spenger. While Garrett tends to take things a bit too far to get to the bottom of hoaxes, he's usually right.
- Delia Delfano (Sarah Gilman) is a quirky, eccentric person. She does not consider herself to be in the "cool" crowd at school, and makes fun of people like the cheerleaders who are always so bright and spirited. She is very outspoken and, if there is something that shouldn't be said out loud, Delia has probably already blurted it out, much to her secret delight. In "Fireman's Freddy's Spaghetti Station", her last name was revealed to be Delfano.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||20||January 17, 2014||December 7, 2014|
|2||TBA||February 15, 2015||TBA|
The series premiere was watched by 3.9 million viewers.
The series originally premiered on January 17, 2014 on Disney Channel in the United States and Family Channel in Canada. It premiered on April 7, 2014 on Disney Channel (Australia and New Zealand), and on May 2, 2014, on Disney Channel (UK and Ireland).
- "OLIVIA HOLT (DISNEY XD'S "KICKIN' IT") STARS IN FILMED COMEDY SERIES, "I DIDN'T DO IT," PREMIERING FRIDAY, JANUARY 17 ON DISNEY CHANNEL". Disney Channel Medianet. 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- Weisman, Jon (November 9, 2012). "Disney Channel will do 'Didn't Do It'". Variety. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 18, 2013). "Comedy 'I Didn't Do It' Gets Series Order At Disney Channel". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on June 18, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 19, 2013). "Disney Channel Orders 'I Didn't Do It' Starring Disney XD Star Olivia Holt and Newcomer Austin North". Zap2it. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 3, 2014). "'I Didn't Do It' Renewed for Second Season by Disney Channel". TV by the Numbers (Press release). Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- "I Didn't Do It". Disney Channel Press. 2015. Retrieved March 14, 2015.
- Personality Details
- Austin North stars as Logan description
- Piper Curda stars as Jasmine description
- "February 2015 Programming Highlights". Disney Channel Medianet. Retrieved February 3, 2015.
- "Friday Cable Ratings: 'Gold Rush' Wins Night, 'Cloud 9′, 'WWE Smackdown', 'Bering Sea Gold', 'Helix' & More". The Futon Critic. January 21, 2014. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 2, 2013). "Oliva Holt Stars in Filmed Comedy Series 'I Didn't Do It' Premiering Friday January 17 on Disney Channel". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- DHiggins (April 4, 2014). "New this week on Foxtel: Game of Thrones, Veep, Silicon Valley and two new Disney channels". Foxtel. Retrieved 4 November 2014.