I Didn't Do It (TV series)
||It has been suggested that some portions of this article be split into a new article titled List of I Didn't Do It episodes. Please discuss this on the article's talk page. (July 2014)|
|I Didn't Do It|
|Created by||Tod Himmel
|Opening theme||"Time of Our Lives", performed by Olivia Holt|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||20 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Tod Himmel
|Running time||22-24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||It's a Laugh Productions|
|Original channel||Disney Channel|
|Original run||January 17, 2014– present|
I Didn't Do It is a Disney Channel Original Series that premiered on Disney Channel. The series stars Olivia Holt, Austin North, Piper Curda, Peyton Clark, and Sarah Gilman. A pilot for the series was announced November 2012 with production of the pilot scheduled for January 2013. The series was picked up on June 18, 2013. The series began production in summer of 2013 and started airing on January 17, 2014. The series is created by Tod Himmel and Josh Silverstein. On July 3, 2014, Disney ordered a second season of the series.
In the series, brother–sister twins Lindy and Logan Watson, together with their three best friends, Jasmine, Garrett and Delia begin their freshman year of high school at Ditka High. Each episode begins with a comedic 'what just happened?' situation, and then the story is told in flashbacks.
Cast and characters
- Lindy Watson (Olivia Holt) Lindy grew up geeky, nerdy, an outcast and on the athletic side. She walks into high school with a brand new look with her best friend who shows her how to be fashionable which she is now branching out and becoming a new girl. In "Dance Fever", her nemesis is shown to be a girl named Sherri (Peyton List), and it also shows that she has had perfect attendance for 8 years without missing school. In "Snow Problem" it is revealed that Lindy is a good snowboarder.
- Logan Watson (Austin North) is very laid back, cool, chill and confident and has big plans on making his mark on high school. But those plans sometimes collide with his twin sister, Lindy. Logan often tries to take the easy way out of things, doing that so much his friends have dubbed it 'Loganing'. Jasmine has feelings for Logan, but he doesn't seem to notice.
- Jasmine (Piper Curda) is a smart, daring, and fashion-forward teenager. She is also always supportive of her four best friends. A fashionista since third grade, Jasmine thrives on good grades, pulling off daring pranks and having the perfect outfit for every occasion. In the episode "Lindy Nose Best" Jasmine develops a crush on Logan and almost admits it to Logan before he told her that he was going to the movies with Jenna, however, Logan and Jasmine will start dating soon. In "Bad News", her last name was revealed to be Kang.
- Garrett (Peyton Clark) is a bit of a mysophobe and can be obsessive about the most obscure details. His affinity for cleanliness and order constantly gets pushed to its limits by his four friends. In "Dear High School Self", it was shown that Garrett is bad at puzzles. In "Now Museum, Now You Don't", it was revealed that he has a habit of biting his nails. In "Lindy Nose Best", it is revealed that his last name is Spanger. While Garrett tends to take things a bit too far to get to the bottom of hoaxes, he's usually right.
- Delia (Sarah Gilman) is a lovable, eccentric person. She is very outspoken and if there is something that shouldn't be said out loud, Delia has probably already blurted it out, much to her secret delight. In "Fireman's Freddy's Spaghetti Station", her last name was revealed to be Delfano. Her parents have once kept her in the basement, and she has to sneak out to her backyard if she wants to use the toilet at night.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||TBA||January 17, 2014||TBA|
Season 1 (2014)
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|Bruce Leddy||Tod Himmel & Josh Silverstein||January 17, 2014||101||3.89|
At their first day of high school, twin siblings Lindy and Logan Watson meet the football team's quarterback Seth Wall, to whom Lindy instantly crushes on, while Logan wants to befriend him in order to make his and Garrett's lives during high school much easier. When their parents travel out of town for work, each of the two siblings think of a party that will bond them with Seth, but their parties are arranged on the same night and end up conflicting. Things get worse when they believe that their babysitter has died and they don't have a chance to cancel the party.Special guest stars: Chad Buchanan as Seth Wall, Angela Paton as Mrs. Klasby, Larry Joe Campbell as Deputy Doug Peterman and Alan Chow as DJ.
|2||"Fireman Freddy's Spaghetti Station"||Bruce Leddy||Tod Himmel||January 26, 2014||104||2.44|
Delia's mom forces Delia to get a job or re-enter beauty pageants because she thinks she has too much free time. Lindy finds her one as hostess on Fireman Freddy's Spaghetti Station, the gang's favorite restaurant when they were younger. Delia, however, turns out not to be the hostess Freddy wants. When Lindy welcomes a family into the joint, Freddy convinces her to be the new hostess, much to Delia's dismay. When Lindy tries to quit, Freddy asks her to stay for a big birthday party coming up and leaves her in charge, to which her bitter co-workers respond by quitting and leaving her alone to handle everyone and everything. Meanwhile, Logan and Garrett are bullied by some obnoxious kids who have taken their place in the Rumble Juice and they try to retrieve it.Special guest stars: Christopher Darga as Freddy, Alyssa Preston as Mona, Pappy Faulkner as Kyle and Reggie Brown as Manager.
|3||"The New Guy"||Bruce Leddy||Rob Lotterstein||February 9, 2014||103||2.46|
After watching a romantic film, Logan and Garrett argue that their group votes are unfair, since there are more girls than boys, thus they end up always doing girly activities. At school, they decide to invite a new guy, Tom Bigham from California, to the group. Even though it seems like a good idea at first, he turns out to be quite annoying, and the group decides to give him away, without success. After this, they plan to make Tom leave them. They get to know that he is very afraid of heights, so they decide to pretend they love skydiving and that is is their favorite activity. It doesn't work well, as Tom decides to face his fears and the group actually goes skydiving.Special guest star: Cameron Palatas as Tom, Chris Elwood as Skydiving Instructor
|4||"Dear High School Self"||Bruce Leddy||Judd Pillot||February 16, 2014||102||2.88|
While Lindy is looking through the mail, she finds a letter she wrote to herself during third grade. Lindy reads her letter and finds out she wished for better friends by the time she gets to high school. When everyone else gets theirs, Lindy hides the letter and tells her friends that she hadn't received it yet. They go looking for it in their old third grade classroom and in the post office, when they realize that Lindy is hiding something. Lindy throws the letter away and the group looks for it in the school's garbage room. When they finally read it, it causes a rift between Lindy and the group. Lindy then invites them to their third grade classroom again to explain why she wrote the letter. She reveals that while she was writing the letter, her pencil led broke and she got up to sharpen it. When she got up, her skirt was stuck in her tights and for the rest of the school year everyone, including the group, called her "Little Lindy Bunchy Booty". Lindy apologizes and the group reconciles with a hug.Special guest stars: Kimberly Herbert-Gregory as Mail Lady and Bonnie Hellman as Mrs. Babcock.
|5||"If It Tastes Like a Brussels Sprout"||Bruce Leddy||Alessia Costantini||March 9, 2014||106||2.04|
|Lindy tries to convince her school that eating vegetables is a healthy choice but everyone disagrees. Logan and Jasmine create a spray that makes vegetables taste better and more appealing called "Happy Time Flavor Changing Yum Yum Spray". The whole school loves the spray and Logan, Jasmine, Garrett and Delia are invited to guest star on a show called Barracuda Boardroom, which involves three billionaires that are willing to invest in products brought to them by young entrepreneurs. Lindy is desperate to be with them as she is jealous of how they are able to succeed in the spray which she thought it was a ridiculous idea, to Logan's amusement. Logan wants to make it blue, but Jasmine disapproves of the idea. When Lindy asks to join the group on the show, Jasmine accepts, to Logan's dismay. He decides to get revenge on Jasmine by adding the blue to the spray. When they're on Barracuda Boardroom, one of the judges claims she is ready to make an offer. Since Logan changed the formula by adding the blue color, it doesn't agree with the judges stomachs and he subsequently gets vomited on by the judges.|
|Bruce Leddy||Sarah Jane Cunningham & Suzie V. Freeman||March 16, 2014||105||1.92|
Lindy wins a contest at Rumble Juice for their Create-A-Smoothie competition. The blendisto who picked her smoothie, Cole, asks Lindy out, to which she says yes. Lindy finds out that Cole wants to date her, so she brings Jasmine, Garrett and Delia with her to the movies to try not to send him the wrong message. Lindy's smoothie then gets taken off the menu because the date went terribly. He then chooses another girl's smoothie and proceeds to go out with her. Lindy then, goes to sell her smoothie in the cinema to show Cole what he lost. Meanwhile, Garrett goes undercover to investigate why the cinema claims the popcorn is freshly popped but tastes stale. Jasmine has a crush guy that works at the movie theatre only to discover from Delia that she only likes him because he wears a tuxedo. She later finds out that he only likes her because she wears high heels. Logan tries to finish a book report on The Odyssey, but when he fails to concentrate, he decides to steal Delia's report. Delia and she gets revenge on him by making him to watch a Greek film which she reveals is a film adaptation of The Odyssey.Special guest stars: Wesam Keesh as Cole and Nicholas Podany as Max.
|7||"Snow Problem"||Bruce Leddy||Rob Lotterstein||April 6, 2014||107||2.26|
The Watson family, Jasmine, Garrett and Delia go to spend the weekend at a snowboarding chalet. Upon arriving, Lindy takes Garrett to a snowboarding class. She develops a crush on his instructor and pretends to be a beginner so he would work with her. After he starts paying attention to Garrett, she gets jealous and pretends to have hurt her foot, so his attention would shift back to her. In the cabin, Jasmine doesn't want to go snowboarding because she didn't bring her make-up bag. Delia is reading a book about the pioneer "Penelope Harkness". When Bert and Nora get stuck in an antique store, Logan is left in charge.Special guest stars: Alex Kapp Horner as Nora Watson, Matt Champagne as Bert Watson and Robert Scott Wilson as Dash.
|8||"Dance Fever"||Bruce Leddy||Todd Himmel||April 13, 2014||111||2.26|
A few days before the school's Spring Fling dance, Sherri – claimed to be the nicest girl in the school – along with Lindy become the only two students with perfect attendance records after Greg Johnson gets sick. Sherri threatens Lindy, saying that she will eventually be the only with a perfect attendance record, making her paranoid about Sherri trying to make her sick. After Lindy gets a cold, she insists on going to school while Sherri realizes this and tries even harder to make Lindy miss school, even resorting to locking her in the janitor's closet. Lindy ends up accidentally breaking Sherri's leg during her escape and inadvertently spreads her flu to every student at school. Logan is going to the dance with a girl called Seanna Bergdorf, but is in need of the expensive gifts he had promised her. He gets many companies (including a suit shop and a limousine service) to sponsor his date and paying with ads on his suit. After Seanna gets hurt (which Sherri planned), Logan is now going with Sherri. Garrett wants to invite Tiffany, a girl from school, to the dance. However, he wants to do it the best and most original way possible, but many of his ideas fail when someone tries them before him. Jasmine waits for a guy called Dave Bixby to invite her to the dance, while Delia's grandma is visiting and Delia starts acting like her.Special guest stars: Peyton List as Sherri, Tristen Bankston as Steve, Scott Shilstone as Dave Bixby, Barry Finkel as Mr. Applebaum and Alan Chow as DJ Eddie White.
|9||"Now Museum, Now You Don't"||Bruce Leddy||Sarah Jane Cunningham and Suzie V. Freeman||May 4, 2014||108||1.88|
Lindy gets an internship at the Chicago museum which has recently got a Nefertiti exhibit and has big expectations for it. However it turns out that her job consists on telling people not to use the stairs, while her strict boss, Judy, wants her to do everything right. After Logan gets a job in the museum's gift shop after creating a popular N4TT t-shirt, Lindy realizes that everyone else has access to things such as a break room and even are invited to Judy's party. Lindy tells Logan she is upset about it and that it is unfair, making Logan upset as well. Delia is convinced that she is a descendant of Nefertiti, until Jasmine decides to help her to collect some of the Nefertiti mummy's DNA in the museum with Lindy's help. Garrett tries different methods to get rid of his habit of biting his nails.Special guest stars: Beth Grant as Trudy Tanzer-Dinkins and Karen McClain as Dr. Lommein.
|10||"In the Doghouse With the White House"||Joel Zwick||Rob Lotterstein||June 22, 2014||115||2.71|
The whole school goes to a trip to Washington D.C. to meet the White House. Once there, Lindy wants to see the president, but ends up stuck outside of the balcony while Delia and Jasmine are out. Upon arriving, Garrett still loathes hotels, but soon learns to like them after he gets to know the spa. Logan goes out and meet Senator Snell, who thinks Logan has good traits to work on government. Delia wants an official Penelope Harkness stamp, so she dresses as a statue of her and wants Jasmine to help her to cheer people and achieve her goal. Everyone besides her, however, thinks this is stupid. The president's dog accidentally gets in Delia's purse before they return to the hotel. After they meet at the hotel, some agents come for the missing dog and the five friends are taken to an interrogation, where they try to tell what happened.Special guest stars: Reggie Brown as President, Annie Abbot as Cleaning Lady, Kevin Symons as Senator Snell, Rob Nagle as Interrogator and Renee Percy as News Reporter.
|11||"Phone Challenge"||Bruce Leddy||Josh Silverstein||June 29, 2014||109||
Logan meets a girl named Haley at the mall. After Logan gets her number, an accident causes his phone to fall into a smoothie, making him desperate. After rushing home, Lindy tells him that leaving the phone on rice for 72 hours will dry it, so they do it. Logan starts to freak out and Lindy, Jasmine, Garrett and Delia decide to go all the 72 hours without their phones. Some time later, Jasmine gives up and uses another phone secretly and Garrett becomes unusually calm and discovers he has a big talent for art. Delia meets a boy by a singing telegram, but he turns out to be younger than she thought when she gets to actually meet him. Logan is back to the museum in order to tell Haley about why he didn't text her anymore. After the 72 hours are over, Haley tells Logan that her brother is coming to get him because he fooled her. After an accident that makes Logan fall into a fountain, Lindy, Garrett and Delia trick Jasmine into falling as revenge for breaking off their pact.Special guest stars: Sedona Cohen as Haley, Larry Joe Campbell as Doug Peterman, Raymond Ochoa as Zane, Markus Silbiger as Haley's Brother.
|12||"Twin It to Win It"||Bruce Leddy||Josh Silverstein||July 13, 2014||2.03|
|Lindy and Logan are believed to have psychic powers allowing the two to be able to communicate with one another by their minds. So the two are put into a contest to test their skills on how well they can understand one another.|
|13||"Earth Boys Are Icky"
"It Came from Canada"
|Lynn McCracken||Josh Silverstein||July 27, 2014||
|Logan dates a girl named Danica who turns out to be the principal's daughter. Delia uses a device to communicate with aliens when she thinks earth boys are too normal for her. Garrett's school program's big buddy gives up on him and Logan persuades him to become a big buddy. After Lindy learns of her friends using her as parents approval to go places not allowed she bumps up her attitude and tries to be a badder person. A running gag is created whenever Jasmine, Delia and Garret say Lindy is going a stamp appears. At the end an alien appears (who is Garret's and his former Buddy's buddy) and requests Lindy come with him, all because his parents don't allow him to use the UFO, much to her dismay.|
|14||"Lindy Nose Best"||Bruce Leddy||Judd Pillot||August 10, 2014||
Lindy finds out that she has a lower grade than Logan on her history report because her being opinionated accidentily caused her teacher to lose his girlfriend. Delia tells Garrett to try and stand up to the football team coach but loses his spot on the football team as kicker and Delia replaces him. Jasmine and Logan fake date to make Jasmine's ex-boyfriend Mike jealous and to show Jenna that Logan is "boyfriend material". Delia gets Garett back on the football team. Jasmine ends up actually falling for Logan and decides to confess her feelings to him, but as she is about to do this, she sees Logan and Jenna on a date and decides not to tell him, leaving her heartbroken.Special guest star: Marc Evan Jackson as Mr. Buffington.
|15||"Ball or Nothing"||Joel Zwick||Tod Himmel||August 24, 2014||
Lindy accidentally destroys their father's football signed by NFL Hall of Famer (Dick Butkus). Lindy seeks the help of Logan to track down the famed football player to re-sign the ball before their dad finds out. The two then go to extreme measures to get him to do so, which involves telling him that their father is in a full-body cast and bandaging Garett up as their "father".Special guest star: Dick Butkus as himself.
|16||"Logan's Run"||Bruce Leddy||Sasha Stroman||September 21, 2014||
Logan finds out that his friends think he runs in a strange fashion and fakes an injury to get out of Lindy's Jog-A-Thon. Delia inadvertently gets Brenda fired from her job at Rumble Juice when she forgets to put the lid on one of the blenders. Delia desperately tries to find Brenda another job.Guest Star: Dana Powell as Brenda
|17||"Bad News"||Joel Zwick||Darin Henry||September 28, 2014||2.97|
Jasmine is selected to host the school's morning announcement videos but to her dismay, many of her fellow students find it boring until Logan steps in as co-anchor.Guest Star: Ron Butler as Mr. Kupchek
|18||"Next of Pumpkin"||Judd Pillot||Judd Pillot||October 5, 2014||2.30|
|Logan gets upset when Lindy accidentally leaves him behind when the fire alarm goes off. Meanwhile, Delia tries to win an award for growing the largest pumpkin. Jasmine asks Garrett to go to the dance competition with her, but he fails to make it, and she ends up dancing with Logan. At the end, Garrett overhears Jasmine's feelings for Logan.|
|19||"Bicycle Thief"||Joel Zwick||Eddie Quintana||November 2, 2014||1.84|
|Lindy convinces Garrett to go bike riding with her when she finds he never has, believing something bad will happen to it, but it ends up stolen and they both try to find it.|
|20||"Merry Miss Sis"||Joel Zwick||Sarah Jane Cunningham & Suzie V. Freeman||December 7, 2014|
Logan gets upset with Lindy when she takes her obsession with Christmas too far and he wishes he never had a sister. An angel grants his wish and he experiences life without Lindy.Guest Star: Reginald VelJohnson as Angel Santos
The series premiere was watched by 3.9 million viewers.
The series originally premiered on January 17, 2014 on Disney Channel in the United States and Family Channel in Canada. It premiered on April 7, 2014 on Disney Channel (Australia and New Zealand), and on May 2, 2014, on Disney Channel (UK and Ireland).
- "OLIVIA HOLT (DISNEY XD'S "KICKIN' IT") STARS IN FILMED COMEDY SERIES, "I DIDN'T DO IT," PREMIERING FRIDAY, JANUARY 17 ON DISNEY CHANNEL". Disney Channel Medianet. 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- Weisman, Jon (November 9, 2012). "Disney Channel will do 'Didn't Do It'". Variety. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 18, 2013). "Comedy 'I Didn't Do It' Gets Series Order At Disney Channel". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on June 18, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 19, 2013). "Disney Channel Orders 'I Didn't Do It' Starring Disney XD Star Olivia Holt and Newcomer Austin North". Zap2it. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 3, 2014). "'I Didn't Do It' Renewed for Second Season by Disney Channel". TV by the Numbers (Press release). Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- "I Didn't Do It". Disney Channel Medianet. 2013. Archived from the original on October 10, 2014. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- Personality Details
- Austin North stars as Logan description
- Piper Curda stars as Jasmine description
- "I Didn't Do It - Episode Guide". The Futon Critic. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- "WebVoyage Titles". Cocatalog.loc.gov. Retrieved 2014-08-03.
- "I Didn't Do It: Season 101, Episode 1 "The Pilot"". Disney via Amazon.com. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- "I Didn't Do It - Episode Guide - Zap2it". Tvlistings.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- "Friday Cable Ratings: 'Gold Rush' Wins Night, 'Cloud 9′, 'WWE Smackdown', 'Bering Sea Gold', 'Helix' & More". The Futon Critic. January 21, 2014. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- "Ratings - Sunday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: Grammy Awards Overshadow the Night for CBS". The Futon Critic. January 28, 2014. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead' Tops Night + 'Real Housewives of Atlanta', 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' & More". TV by the Numbers. February 11, 2014. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- Ratings - Sunday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: "The Walking Dead" Trumps Winter Games in Demos | TheFutonCritic.com
- Pucci, Douglas (March 14, 2014). "Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD ratings (March 3-9, 2014)". Son of the Bronx. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- I Didn't Do It Season 1 Episode 06 - Lindylicious - Zap2it TV Listings
- "WebVoyage Record View 1". Cocatalog.loc.gov. Retrieved 2014-08-03.
- Pucci, Douglas (March 21, 2014). "Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD ratings (March 10-16, 2014)". Son of the Bronx. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- "Ratings - Sunday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: "Game of Thrones" Returns to Take Demo Crown". TheFutonCritic.com. 2014-04-06. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- Pucci, Douglas (April 11, 2014). "Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD ratings (April 7-13, 2014)". Son of the Bronx. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- Pucci, Douglas (May 10, 2014). "Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD ratings (April 28-May 4, 2014)". Son of the Bronx. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- "Sunday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: World Cup Soccer Overshadows the Competition". The Futon Critic. June 24, 2014. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- "Sunday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: "Big Brother" Tops Viewers, Demos". The Futon Critic. July 15, 2014. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- SonOfTheBronx (October 7, 2014). "Sunday Final Ratings: ‘Sunday Night Football’ Tops; Gains for ‘The Simpsons’, ‘Family Guy’". TV Media Insights. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- SonOfTheBronx (October 7, 2014). "Sunday Final Ratings: ‘Mulaney’ DOA". TV Media Insights. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- SonOfTheBronx (November 5, 2014). "Sunday Final Nationals: Nik Wallenda Helps Boost Discovery - TV Media Insights - TV Ratings & News - Network TV Show Reviews and Daily Ratings". TV Media Insights. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 2, 2013). "Oliva Holt Stars in Filmed Comedy Series 'I Didn't Do It' Premiering Friday January 17 on Disney Channel". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- DHiggins (April 4, 2014). "New this week on Foxtel: Game of Thrones, Veep, Silicon Valley and two new Disney channels". Foxtel. Retrieved 4 November 2014.