I Don't Know (The Sheepdogs song)
|"I Don't Know"|
|Single by The Sheepdogs|
|from the album Learn & Burn|
|The Sheepdogs singles chronology|
"I Don't Know" is a single from the Canadian band The Sheepdogs. It was featured as the third track on their third album, Learn & Burn. The main guitar riff heavily borrows from the 1994 Beck song "Fuckin With My Head (Mountain Dew Rock)", off the album Mellow Gold.
Two recorded versions of the song exist. One is found on the album Learn & Burn, while the other is on the EP Five Easy Pieces. Though the differences between these two versions are not substantial, Canadian modern rock and active rock stations generally play the Five Easy Pieces version.
Awards and nominations
On April 1, "I Don't Know" won the Juno Award for Single of the Year. It beat out "Fragile Bird" by City and Colour, "Invincible" by Hedley, "When We Stand Together" by Nickelback and "Let's Go Higher" by Johnny Reid. Several media sources, including The Globe & Mail and The Winnipeg Free Press considered their win to be an upset.
|Canadian Hot 100||48|
- "Learn & Burn". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Feist wins Juno for artist of the year". CBC News. 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- Patch, Nick (2012-04-01). "Feist, Sheepdogs take three Junos each in unpredictable ceremony in Ottawa". Globe & Mail. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- Williams, Rob (2012-04-02). "The good, the bad, the upsets". Winnipeg Free Press. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "The Sheepdogs Album & Song Chart History – Canadian Hot 100". Billboard. Retrieved 2012-01-25.
- "Canadian Active Rock & Alt Rock Chart Archive: Alternative Rock - January 3, 2012". America's Music Charts. Retrieved January 3, 2012.
- "Canadian Active Rock & Alt Rock Chart Archive: Active Rock - October 25, 2011". America's Music Charts. Retrieved January 25, 2012.
"Wavin' Flag" by Young Artists for Haiti
|Juno Award for Single of the Year
"Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen
|This 2010s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|