I Got Your Country Right Here
|I Got Your Country Right Here|
|Studio album by Gretchen Wilson|
|Released||March 30, 2010|
|Genre||Country, Southern rock|
|Gretchen Wilson chronology|
|Singles from I Got Your Country Right Here|
I Got Your Country Right Here is the fourth studio album by American country music artist Gretchen Wilson, released on March 30, 2010 via Redneck Records, her own label. The album's first single, "Work Hard, Play Harder", was released in October 2009, and became Wilson's first Top 20 hit since 2005's "All Jacked Up." The album's title track was released as the second single in August 2010, and "I'd Love to Be Your Last" was released in January 2011 as the third single.
In an interview with The Boot in November 2009, Wilson was asked to describe her fourth studio album, saying, "I feel like I've invested a lot of time and thought and energy and emotions into this record. I feel like I sang better on this record than I ever have. Musically, it sounds just like it should, just like I want it to, just like my live show." She also thought that the album had more of a "connection with the audience" then her previous efforts.
Wilson, via her website, called I Got Your Country Right Here as the 'album of her career', stating: "This is the album of my career; This album turns the page for me. I'm proud of every song on here, and I'm excited about the team we've put together to get this music out to the fans."
I Got Your Country Right Here is also the first release for Wilson's personal label, Redneck Records, which she founded after leaving Sony Music Nashville's Columbia Nashville division in 2009.
Thom Jurek of Allmusic rated the album four stars out of five, saying that it showed her Southern rock influences and that it "rocks nearly as hard as her live shows and [proves] that she is not an industry-constructed image — she’s exactly who she’s portrayed herself to be all along."
|1.||"I Got Your Country Right Here"||Tom Hambridge, Jeffrey Steele||3:15|
|2.||"Work Hard, Play Harder"||Wilson, Vicky McGehee, John Rich, Chris Robinson, Rich Robinson||3:10|
|3.||"I'm Only Human"||McGehee, Rivers Rutherford||3:40|
|4.||"The Earrings Song"||Monty Criswell, Rutherford||2:54|
|5.||"Trucker Man"||Rodney Clawson, McGehee, Rich||3:00|
|6.||"Blue Collar Done Turn Red"||Wilson, Dallas Davidson||3:04|
|7.||"Outlaws and Renegades"||Terry McBride, Chris Stapleton||3:52|
|8.||"Walk on Water"||Bob DiPiero, Hambridge, Steele||3:31|
|9.||"Love on the Line"||Stapleton||3:48|
|10.||"As Far as You Know"||Bekka Bramlett, Bobby Terry||2:57|
|11.||"I'd Love to Be Your Last"||Rutherford, Sam Tate, Annie Tate||3:34|
|iTunes Bonus Track|
|12.||"Back Where I Come From"||3:37|
I Got Your Country Right Here debuted at number 6 on the U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums chart and at number 34 on the U.S. Billboard 200, selling 14,753 copies in its first week. As of June 6, 2010, it had sold a total of 43,309 copies.
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||6|
|U.S. Billboard 200||34|
|U.S. Billboard Independent Albums||3|
|2009||"Work Hard, Play Harder"||18||15|
|2010||"I Got Your Country Right Here"||53||—|
|2011||"I'd Love to Be Your Last"||47||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
- "The Official Website of Gretchen Wilson :: News". Gretchenwilson.com. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- Jurek, Thom. "I Got Your Country Right Here - Gretchen Wilson". Allmusic. Retrieved 30 March 2010.
- Posted Nov 9th 2009 8:00AM by Donna Hughes Comments (2009-11-09). "Gretchen Wilson's Got Your Country Right Here". The Boot. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- BMI - Repertoire Search
- NAME: (2010-04-07). "Lady Antebellum, Alan Jackson Rule Charts This Week | New Country Music, Listen to Songs & Video". Roughstock.com. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- NAME:. "Miranda Lambert Joins Alan Jackson & Lady A in Hot Country Albums Top 5 | New Country Music, Listen to Songs & Video". Roughstock.com. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Gretchen Wilson Album & Song Chart History - Country Songs". Billboard. Retrieved November 14, 2010.
- Whitburn, Joel (2011). Top Pop Singles 1955–2010. Record Research, Inc. p. 978. ISBN 0-89820-188-8.