I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon (collection)
|I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon|
Dust-jacket from the first edition
|Author||Philip K. Dick|
|Genre||Science fiction short stories|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|Dewey Decimal||813/.54 19|
|LC Classification||PS3554.I3 I2 1985|
I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon is a book by Philip K. Dick, a collection of 10 science fiction short stories and one essay. It was first published by Doubleday in 1985 and was edited by Mark Hurst and Paul Williams. Many of the stories had originally appeared in the magazines Fantasy and Science Fiction, Worlds of Tomorrow, Amazing Stories, Interzone, Rolling Stone College Papers, The Yuba City High Times, Omni and Playboy.
- "How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later"
- "The Short Happy Life of the Brown Oxford"
- "Explorers We"
- "Holy Quarrel"
- "What'll We Do with Ragland Park?"
- "Strange Memories of Death"
- "The Alien Mind"
- "The Exit Door Leads In"
- "Chains of Air, Web of Aether"
- "Rautavaara's Case"
- "I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon"
- "Internet Speculative Fiction Database". Retrieved 2008-01-11.
- Brown, Charles N.; William G. Contento. "The Locus Index to Science Fiction (1984-1998)". Retrieved 2008-01-11.
- How To Build A Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later (Essay by PKD on his "discovery" that we are living in the Roman Empire)