I Love New York 2
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007)|
|I Love New York 2|
The cast of I Love New York 2
|Created by||Cris Abrego
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||Cris Abrego
|Running time||60 minutes (Including Commercials)|
|Original run||October 8, 2007 – January 6, 2008|
|Preceded by||I Love New York|
|Followed by||I Love Money
New York Goes To Hollywood
Real Chance of Love
Frank the Entertainer... in a Basement Affair
I Love New York 2 was a reality television show on VH1 that starred Tiffany "New York" Pollard who was on a quest to find her true love. Her relationship with season one's winner, Tango, ended shortly after the season concluded. Unlike the first season, Mauricio Sanchez did not return as "Chamo", New York's assistant. Instead of "Chamo", New York had "Big Ant" (Anthony) as her assistant, and "bodyguard". The show premiered on October 8, 2007 and featured twenty men competing to be the winner.
- 1 Contestants
- 2 Elimination Order
- 3 Episodes
- 4 Viewer participation
- 5 DVD release
- 6 After the show
- 7 References
- 8 External links
|Tailor Made||George Weisgerber||Winner|
|The Entertainer||Frank Maresca||Episode 12|
|Punk||David Otunga||Episode 10|
|Mr. Wise||Solomon||Episode 8|
|Pretty||Juan||Episode 7 (Quit)|
|It||Kwame Smalls||Episode 5|
|Midget Mac||Torrey||Episode 5|
|20 Pack||Nico||Episode 4|
|Cheezy||Matthew Levy||Episode 3|
|Man Man||Collin||Episode 3|
|Knock Out||Deandre||Episode 2|
|Unsure||Jared||Episode 2 (Quit)|
|Sweetie Pie||Darnell||Episode 1|
- ^[a] Buddha was eliminated in Episode 4 for violence, was brought back in Episode 5, and was runner up.
|1||20 Pack||Entertainer||Buddha1||Tailor Made2||Mr. Wise1||Punk2||Tailor Made||Buddha||Punk||Tailor Made||Tailor Made||Tailor Made|
|2||Buddha||Pretty||Midget Mac2||It1||Entertainer||Tailor Made||Buddha2||Entertainer||Tailor Made||Punk||Buddha||Buddha|
|3||Cheezy||Buddha||Entertainer||Punk||It||Mr. Wise||Punk||Mr. Wise||Entertainer2||Buddha||Punk|
|4||Doc||Mr. Wise||Man Man||Buddha||Midget Mac||Pretty||Entertainer||Punk||Buddha||Entertainer|
|5||It||Man Man||Punk||Midget Mac||Pretty||Wolf||Pretty||Tailor Made||Mr. Wise|
|6||Knock Out||Wolf||Cheezy||Pretty||Punk||Entertainer||Mr. Wise||Pretty|
|7||Man Man||Yours||Mr. Wise||20 Pack||Tailor Made||Buddha||Wolf2|
|8||Midget Mac||20 Pack||20 Pack||Wolf||Wolf||It|
|9||Unsure||Punk||Pretty||Mr. Wise||20 Pack1||Midget Mac|
|12||Pretty||Knock Out||Tailor Made1||Man Man|
|14||Tailor Made||It||Knock Out|
- The contestant won the competition
- The contestant was chosen by New York's mother
- The contestant was chosen by producers
- The contestant was chosen by internet viewers
- The contestant received a chain before the elimination ceremony.
- The contestant voluntarily left the competition
- The contestant was disqualified
- The contestant was brought back into the competition
- The contestant was eliminated
- 1 The contestant won a group date with New York.
- 2 The contestant won a solo date with New York.
- Episode 4 is in alphabetical order because there was no elimination order due to violence, with the exception of Mr. Wise who in fact did receive a chain.
- Episode 7 is also in alphabetical order because Pretty voluntarily left the show before the elimination. Thus, there was no elimination order because no other contestants were eliminated.
- Episode 11 is a clip-show entitled I Love New York: The Recap With Benefits.
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (December 2008)|
Let's Do It Again!
First aired October 8, 2007
New York is back for a brand new season with 20 new men. This season things are different and New York has picked 5 men from the internet, Sister Patterson has also picked 5 men called the "mama's boys". During the mixer, some suitors make a bad impression to New York and her mother. Wolf reveals that he has a big penis causing New York to laugh. At elimination, New York eliminates 5 men Sweetie Pie, Champion, Milliown, Ears, and, Doc were eliminated. 3 out of 5 men who were picked on the internet were eliminated on the first night, 1 was from the "mama's boys",and 1 was picked by producers.
- Eliminated: Sweetie Pie, Champion, Milliown, Ears, Doc
Flowers From Fishburne
First aired October 15, 2007 (3.2M viewers)
Now down to 15 men, New York invites the guys to a pond where they must prove their love by swimming to her and presenting her with a gift. The guys who make the best impressions will receive dates with New York. Midget Mac nearly drowned after his floatation device popped and Buddha saved him. When the guys find out that one of their housemates is "re-gifting", they proceed to tell NY about it. In true New York fashion, she lets the poor guy have it. Will he be one of the three to be eliminated, or will he squirm his way out of the mouth of danger? Meanwhile, a huge controversy arises when one suitor intercepts another man's flowers for NY, and presents them as his own. The only thing better than the drama is his story of where the flowers came from. Unsure decided to quit the competition because the jacket that he gave to New York wasn't for her, instead was for his sister and the other guys got upset about this and told this to New York and he told her that he won't be with people who don't do the right thing but he remains in the house until the elimination where New York threw his jacket and kicked him off very angrily. After this she sent home "Yours" because he spent all the time sleeping and he drew an unflattering picture of New York, this upset Sister Patterson because Yours was a "Mama's boy". She also sent home Knock Out because of his looks and his violent tendencies.
- Challenge: Swim across a pond and present New York with a present.
- Challenge Winners: Buddha, Midget Mac, Tailor Made
- Eliminated: Yours, Knock Out
- Withdrew: Unsure
The Stolen Date
First aired October 22, 2007
With 12 guys left, some of the boys play a prank on a few of the "less popular" men that keeps them up all night. The sleep deprived few head into the days challenge a complete mess, but will the prank-ees have the last laugh at the end of the day? Wanting a man who can help build her financial empire, NY asks the boys to create a marketing plan to build her brand name. Some ideas are legitimate and professional and some are off the charts. Later, one of the guys from the winning team steals a private date with New York away from his teammate. The result is an angry house waiting for the back-stabber on his return. The following day, during a fashion photo shoot, someone gets down on his knees to impress New York. New York may have to send home more than one man. Man Man and Cheezy were both eliminated.
- Challenge: Create a plan for New York's empire.
- Blue: Wolf, Buddha, 20 Pack
- Green: Mr. Wise, Punk, Pretty
- Yellow: Midget Mac, Man Man, The Entertainer
- Red: It, Cheezy, Tailor Made
- Challenge Winners: It, Cheezy, Tailor Made
- Eliminated: Cheezy, Man Man
Nobody Likes A Snitch
First aired October 29, 2007
New York has barely wiped the morning out of her eyes when a fight breaks out between Tailor Made and Buddha. Although NY can be a tolerant person, violence is non-negotiable and she is faced with the tough decision to let Buddha go. Eager to see how the other boys deal with aggression, NY brings them to a Muy Thai gym where she tests their ability to take a good old-fashioned beating, with a new-fashioned twist. The team who handles the challenge the best, wins a date with NY. Back at the mansion, tensions rise as a “snitch” is revealed among the men. This “snitch” will stop at nothing to get ahead and ultimately win NY’s heart. During her double date, NY reveals some gossip she heard from this source. Things come to a real heat when the guys confront Tailor Made back at the house. Before the night is over, curses, heated threats and gross injustices are exchanged. A fight between Tailor Made and Mr. Wise breaks out, in which Tailor Made spits on Mr. Wise. When Tailor Made reveals this to New York, she is pissed because she gets a flashback to when Pumkin spat on her in Flavor of Love (season 1) . New York is confronted with yet another act of violence under her roof. In the end, 20 pack is eliminated.
- Disqualified: Buddha
- Challenge: Team that performs the best in the boxing match wins.
- Pink: The Entertainer, Wolf
- Yellow: Punk, Pretty
- Black: It, Midget Mac
- Blue: Tailor Made
- Red: Mr. Wise, 20 Pack
- Challenge Winners: Mr. Wise, 20 Pack
- Eliminated: 20 Pack
Blood Oath Gone Bad
First aired November 5, 2007 (3.5M viewers)
After snitching, fighting, and spitting, and nearly getting eliminated, Tailor Made is the house enemy and anxiously waits for an opportunity to redeem himself. The guys find out the next challenge will involve an offering and a blood oath to test their devotion to their goddess New York. When "It" refuses to sign, and another signs an oath which includes obvious lies, New York is left worried about who she can really trust. Later that night there are some strange events in the house, which are hard to explain and make everyone wonder just how powerful spirits and lies can be. A visit from Sister Patterson ends in an argument with The Entertainer, putting him on thin ice. At the elimination, New York eliminates Midget Mac because she thinks he needs more time to overcome the loss of his deceased wife and time to be with his children. She also eliminates It, accusing him of being a fake and too dumb for her. The guys are in for an even bigger surprise when she brings Buddha back.
- Challenge: Offer something sentimental to New York and sign a blood oath.
- Challenge Winner: Punk
- Eliminated: It, Midget Mac
- Brought Back: Buddha
First aired November 12, 2007
New York surprises the guys with the return of Buddha. Tailor Made is unhappy as his world is suddenly turned upside down and he fears for his life. Later, the guys compete in a cooking challenge run by Season 1 favorite, "Mr. Boston". New York must endure tasting the boys' cooking. New York also gets a guest spot on the show "Nip/Tuck," and she takes Wolf along to keep her company. At the set, Wolf in the trailer farts so loud it wakes New York up. He blames this fart on the tuna she fed him, saying it tasted like a "cow tongue". She was very shocked by this but on set she surprisingly remembered her lines. At eliminations, she let Wolf go, claiming he was too much of a "country bumpkin". Jokingly, she said before he left, "We can get some ribs together or whatever y'all do in Texas."
- Challenge: Cook a meal for New York.
- Challenge Winners: Buddha, Wolf
- Eliminated: Wolf
I Still Have Love For New York
First aired November 19, 2007 (4.39M viewers)
New York invites the remaining six guys' exes to the house and this time, there's a special twist involved. She's bringing two of her exes, Chance and Real, to help dig up some dirt on her guys. The only problem is that feelings resurface when the old flame admits he still has serious feelings for New York. When her "new" guys catch wind of this, all hell breaks loose. Later on, Pretty quits the competition because of the interrogating his sister received and New York asking her way too personal questions regarding his sexuality. At eliminations, no one was eliminated as a result of Pretty leaving the mansion.
- Withdrew: Pretty
First aired November 26, 2007
With 5 guys left, New York wants to find out who's the most compatible with her and who's just plain crazy, when she takes the boys for a psych test. Things get tense, when it is revealed that one of the guys, who has been frustrating New York with mind games, may be using her to further his acting career. Her feelings for this person are thrown even more up in the air. After the test, the most compatible guy wins date with New York and discovers that three's a crowd at an exotic restaurant. The next day, New York brings her boys to see her therapist, renowned relationship author Dr. Allen, for a session of couple's counseling. Here, New York discovers that the individual she secretly has the strongest emotions for, is the one who also has been frustrating her the most. Also, Buddha is accused of being on a BET show called Hell Date. New York questions him and Buddha tells her that he is indeed on the show, and she becomes very upset with this information she received. Later, The Entertainer, the winner of the challenge, goes on a date with her. Back at the house, the guys play a prank on The Entertainer and he plays a trick himself by pretending to leave. After the jokes, it was eliminations where Mr. Wise was sent home for not being aggressive enough.
- Challenge: Take a psych test.
- Challenge Winners: The Entertainer
- Eliminated: Mr. Wise
Meet The Parents
First aired December 3, 2007
With only four guys left, it is time to clean house. New York has invited some special guests - the guy's parents, so she gets her boys to scour and scrub her house for their arrival. Upon meeting her possible future in-laws it doesn't take long for New York to realize that these apples don't fall very far from the tree. While some parents are instantly in awe by New York, it takes others a little longer to warm up to her. Later, New York takes two of the families out to dinner, but before they can even break bread, all hell breaks loose. Hoping to make the next family outing a bit calmer, New York stays closer to home, but again is unable to create a happy family reunion. In the end, New York learns a very valuable lesson: You can't choose your family, but you can choose your lover and his family. Possible in-laws become outlaws as The Entertainer is sent packing because New York claims that he is a "loser" for the fact that he lives with his parents, and that he is so cheap.
- The Entertainer & Punk: Dinner date with family.
- Buddha & Tailor Made: Date in the backyard with family.
- Eliminated: The Entertainer
First aired December 10, 2007
After the last elimination, New York tells her final three men to pack their bags because they're heading to Miami. Miami is a party city, but things quickly get serious when New York invites one man to spend some alone time in her beachfront villa room the first night, leaving the other two shocked and angry. As New York spends quality time with each man, she starts to realize that two of these guys are totally devoted and in love with her while one is manipulative and hard to trust. At elimination New York must decide whether to listen to her mind or her heart and lets Punk go. Punk is eliminated, and Sister Paterson questions her decision. She says to New York, "You're dead meat, girl!" indicating that she believes that New York made the wrong choice for herself.
- Eliminated: Punk
First aired December 12, 2007
A catch up with New York, with bonus scenes not aired on TV.
First aired December 17, 2007 (5.4M viewers)
- Winner: Tailor Made
- Runner-Up: Buddha
First aired January 6, 2008 (4.86M viewers)
All of the men are back to talk about this season with New York and Sister Paterson. Where New York accepts Tailor Made's proposal.
Fans of I Love New York were encouraged to choose 5 of the 20 contestants for the second season. New York has stated the men should be from 21–36 years of age, and straight, believed to be a recommendation because of questioned sexual orientation of some first season contestants (in reference to 12 Pack and Heat). A VH1 special on October 1, 2007 revealed the 5 men with the most votes. The five men who were chosen as the contestants are above on the elimination chart in the color yellow.
||This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (August 2008)|
VH1 has been accused of changing the amount of the votes contestants receive. Voters claimed to have observed a drop in votes, namely for TheFireman, for whom there had been an observable drop from 11,000+ votes to little more than 7,000. This drop put him in sixth place from first. This is thought to be the case as this contestant doesn't seem to meet the criteria of people that VH1 would like to have on the show.
The possible dates of the show have been accused of cheating as well. It would be possible for someone to write an automatic registration and voting script.
A huge amount of support has been formed to back up "The Fireman". The Entertainer has gained large amounts of votes in unison with Tomzenns. Both contestants have almost no support but continue to win. Royalty has officially dropped out of the race although he remains in Round 2. In a brief statement on his myspace page, he mentioned "The Fireman" as one of few remaining contestants to be legitimate. Ilovenewyork2.com is now the site for the show and the casting call website now redirects to Flavoroflovecasting.com, which has since closed for casting.
The I Love New York: The Complete Unrated Second Season DVD was released June 3, 2008 along with the Flavor of Love 3. All episodes including the casting and reunion specials were on it, and a supertrailer.
After the show
- Midget Mac (Torrey) appeared on the first season of I Love Money, where he was the first contestant to be eliminated.
- The Entertainer (Frank Maresca) appeared on the first and second seasons of VH1's I Love Money. He was also given his own show, Frank the Entertainer... in a Basement Affair, which premiered January 3, 2010 on VH1.
- Tailor Made (George Weisgerber), Buddha (Ezra Masters), It (Kwame Smalls), and 20 Pack (Nico) appeared on the second season of I Love Money.
- Wolf (Greg) and Pretty (Wyatt) were contestants on the canceled third season of I Love Money.
- 20 Pack (Nico) and Cheezy (Matthew) appeared on the fourth season of I Love Money, with Cheezy being eliminated on the first episode and 20 Pack on the second.
- New York ended her relationship with Tailor Made on her subsequent show New York Goes to Hollywood.
- Punk (David Otunga) is currently engaged to Jennifer Hudson, with whom he has a child, and is an active wrestler in WWE.
- Buddha appeared in a McDonalds commercial in 2009. He was also on an episode of Gay, Straight or Taken? in 2007, appearing as the straight contestant, an episode of the BET show Hell Date, and I Love Money (season 2) in 2009. Buddha also made several appearances on Cinemax late night series Zane's Sex Chronicles, as Hunter. Buddha has also appeared on TLC's "Battle of the Wedding Designers" with fiancee Xenia.
- Milliown whose real name is Jamal Rashead Trulove, was accused of murdering Seu Kuka, 28, of San Francisco, three weeks after I Love New York 2 was filmed, according to the district attorney's office. He was later convicted.
- Kaplan, Don (18 December 2007). TV Tuesday. "New York In Love - Tailor Made Suits VH1 Star". New York Post. p. 83. Retrieved 9 Mar 2010.
- Kaplan, Don (3 August 2008). NYP TV Week. "Star Trek - 'New York' Tries Her Luck in Hollywood". New York Post. p. 5. Retrieved 20 July 2010.
- Rohan, Virginia (23 December 2008). Better Living. "REALITY CHECK ; School teaches TV hopefuls how to get noticed". The Record. p. F01. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- Umstead, R Thomas (17 October 2007). "VH1 Scores With Celebrity Reality Shows; ‘The Salt-N-Pepa Show’ and ‘Gotti’s Way’d Start Strong". Multichannel News. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Crupi, Anthony (13 November 2007). News - Cabletv. "ESPN Sits Atop Ratings Pile With Strong MNF". Mediaweek. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "ESPN's `Monday Night Football' cable television's most-watched show for week of Nov. 19-25". Associated Press. 30 November 2007.
- Nordyke, Kimberly; Gough, Paul J. (19 December 2007). "Showtime's 'Dexter' on fire". The Hollywood Reporter 402: 6. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- Crupi, Anthony (8 January 2008). NEWS - CABLETV. "USA Rings In New Year With Ratings Win". Mediaweek. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Frank the Entertainer… in a Basement Affair". vh1.com.
- "Former reality TV contestant on trial for murder". sfexaminer.com.
- Van, Jaxon (10 February 2010). Metro. "TV show contender guilty of murder". The San Francisco Chronicle. p. C.3. Retrieved 20 July 2010.