I Love the New Millennium
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (March 2009)|
|I Love the New Millennium|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original run||23 June 2008 – 26 June 2008|
I Love the New Millennium, the latest entry into the I Love the... series, is a nostalgia show focusing on the 2000s and premiered on VH1 Monday, June 23, 2008. Each night, from Monday to Thursday, two of the eight episodes premiered, corresponding to the years from 2000 to 2007. As the series aired in 2008, it did not include episodes for the years 2008 or 2009. Episodes for those years never came to fruition, as the series has since been abandoned.
In addition to the year specific topics discussed, each episode features
- Bushisms: Steve Bridges, portraying President George W. Bush, delivers a memorable Bushism from the given year.
- Time Capsule: Musician Andrew W.K. digs up three items from a time capsule that correspond to the episode's year.
- Sisqó's Hotties I Wanted To See In A Thong: Musician Sisqó, known for the "Thong Song", shows three women from each year that he would like to see wearing a Thong.
- How Gay Was It?: For each year, gay Internet blogger Perez Hilton chooses a person or event and then rates it on his gaydar from 1 to 10.
- Blogs: Each celebrity gives an additional opinion on a certain topic from the episode in the form of a video blog entry.
- Then and Now: Taylor Dayne shows certain celebrities from the 2000s that also had contributions during the 1980s.
- Playlist of ...: Moby discusses three songs from a certain year.
- Liars of...: Jonny Fairplay shows the biggest liar(s) of a particular year.
- During the credits of every episode, a clip from a popular music video was played without any type of commentary. These were usually replaced with a show promo by Vh1.
Topics covered by year
- Budweiser's Whassup? ad campaign.
- Dude, Where's My Car?
- 2000 Florida presidential election
- Dennis Miller on Monday Night Football
- Razor Scooter
- Baha Men's "Who Let the Dogs Out?"
- Big Mouth Billy Bass
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
- Erin Brockovich
- David Crosby fathers Melissa Etheridge & Julie Cypher's kids
- MTV Cribs
- Cast Away
- Live with Regis and Kelly
- Enrique Iglesias's "Hero"
- Low-rise jeans
- Fear Factor
- Sharon Stone's husband, Phil Bronstein, bitten by Komodo dragon
- Pearl Harbor
- The Weakest Link
- Moulin Rouge!
- Mýa, Pink, Lil' Kim, & Christina Aguilera's "Lady Marmalade"
- Winona Ryder shoplifts
- Shaggy & RikRok's "It Wasn't Me"
- Color Alert System
- Yao Ming
- Robert Blake is accused of murder
- The Ring
- Liza Minnelli marries David Gest
- Andrew W.K.'s "Party Hard"
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding
- Botox Parties
- Ted Williams being cryogenically frozen
- Avril Lavigne
- Mojito, Cosmo, & Martini
- David Blaine
- American Idol
- The O.C.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Trucker hats
- Arnold Schwarzenegger becomes the governor of California
- Chappelle's Show
- 50 Cent's "In da Club"
- Michael Jackson is accused of child molestation
- Joe Millionaire
- Clay Aiken
- Finding Nemo
- Paris Hilton sex tape
- Siegfried & Roy's tiger incident
- Saddam Hussein captured
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- Punk'd (debuted a year earlier)
- Ken Jennings dominates Jeopardy!
- William Hung
- Jim McGreevey resigns from office
- The Da Vinci Code
- Super Size Me
- Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County
- Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction"
- UGG boots
- He's Just Not That Into You (book)
- The Darkness's "I Believe in a Thing Called Love"
- Burger King's The Burger King
- Dance Dance Revolution
- 2004 World Series
- Pope John Paul II dies/Benedict XVI becomes the new pope
- To Catch a Predator
- Grizzly Man
- The Runaway Bride
- José Canseco's Juiced
- Pat O'Brien's voicemail scandal
- Martha Stewart released from prison
- Hurricane Katrina and Michael D. Brown scandal
- OK Go's "Here It Goes Again"
- Fat Actress
- Bill O'Reilly's sexual harassment lawsuit
- March of the Penguins
- Mel Gibson DUI incident
- Fergie's "London Bridge"
- Neil Patrick Harris and Lance Bass coming out of the closet
- Casino Royale
- Dick Cheney's hunting incident
- James Blunt's "You're Beautiful"
- Little Miss Sunshine
- Pink's "Stupid Girls"
- Kim Jong-Il tests missiles
- Rachael Ray
- Daniel Powter's "Bad Day"
- GEICO Cavemen commercials
- Bob Barker retires from The Price Is Right and Drew Carey takes his place
- Amy Winehouse's "Rehab"
- Don Imus controversy
- Astronaut Lisa Nowak's attempted kidnapping
- Rihanna's "Umbrella"
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- David Beckham joins the L.A. Galaxy
- Chris Daughtry
- Michael Vick arrested for dog fighting
- Plain White T's "Hey There Delilah"
- The Bourne Ultimatum
- VH1 Press Release (2008-05-28). "VH1 Presents a Slate of All-New Series, Events, Documentaries and Specials". Retrieved 2008-06-02.