I Meant Every Word He Said
|"I Meant Every Word He Said"|
|Single by Ricky Van Shelton|
|from the album RVS III|
|B-side||"Sometimes I Cry In My Sleep"|
|Released||June 25, 1990|
|Label||Columbia Nashville 73413|
|Writer(s)||Joe Chambers, Bucky Jones, Curly Putman|
|Ricky Van Shelton singles chronology|
"I Meant Every Word He Said" is a song co-written by Joe Chambers, Bucky Jones and Curly Putman, and recorded by American country music artist Ricky Van Shelton. It was released in June 1990 as the third single from the album RVS III. It peaked at number 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and reached number 1 on the Canadian RPM country singles chart.
The narrator tells his former love that everything her new man is telling her is what he really meant to say. She gets married to the man in the end and the narrator said he meant to say "I Do" too.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||9|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||26|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 310.
- "RPM Country Tracks." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 6, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Ricky Van Shelton Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Ricky Van Shelton.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1990". RPM. December 22, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Best of 1990: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
"Jukebox in My Mind"
|RPM Country Tracks
October 6, 1990
"Friends in Low Places"
by Garth Brooks