I Never Knew Love
|"I Never Knew Love"|
|Single by Doug Stone|
|from the album More Love|
|B-side||"This Empty House"|
|Released||October 19, 1993|
|Format||CD Single, Cassingle, 7" single|
|Writer(s)||Larry Boone, Will Robinson|
|Producer(s)||James Stroud, Doug Stone|
|Doug Stone singles chronology|
"I Never Knew Love" is the title of a song written by Larry Boone and Will Robinson, and recorded by American country music artist Doug Stone. It was released in October 1993 as the lead-off single from his fourth album More Love. It peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart and #3 on the Canadian RPM Tracks chart. The song was also Stone's only entry on the Billboard Hot 100, where it peaked at #81.
In this song, the narrator tells his lover about revelations in his life like that he didn't know the power of a song until his mother died, didn't know what innocence was until he saw a newborn baby, and didn't know what love was until he met her.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||3|
|US Billboard Hot 100||81|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||64|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 405. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- AOL Music profile for "I Never Knew Love"
- "RPM Country Tracks." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. January 24, 1994. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
- "Doug Stone Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Doug Stone.
- "Doug Stone Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Doug Stone.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1994". RPM. December 12, 1994. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|