I Shall Not Be Moved
"I Shall Not Be Moved" is an African American spiritual. The song describes how the singer "shall not be moved" because of their faith in God. Secularly, it has gained popularity as a protest/union song as "We Shall Not Be Moved".
Among others, the following artists recorded I Shall Not Be Moved:
- Charley Patton (1929)
- Lonnie Donegan on Lonnie Donegan Showcase (1956)
- The Million Dollar Quartet (Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash) (1956)
- Ella Fitzgerald on Brighten the Corner (1967)
- Son House on The Real Delta Blues-14 songs from the man who taught Robert Johnson (1974)
- Ricky Van Shelton on Don't Overlook Salvation (1992)
- Yellowman on Yellow Gold (2002) as I Shall not Remove
- Devil in a Woodpile on Division Street (2000)
- Johnny Cash on My Mother's Hymn Book (2004)
- Mavis Staples on We'll never Turn Back (2007)
- Shirley Ann Lee on Songs of Light (2012)
- JB Burnett featured in the episode, "The Magnificent Seven," on Supernatural (U.S. TV series).
- Wells, Robert V. (2009). Life flows on in endless song: folk songs and American history. University of Illinois Press. p. 95. ISBN 978-0-252-07650-3.
- Charley Patton - Complete Recorded Works, Vol. 2, late November/early December 1929.
|This song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|