I Told You So (Keith Urban song)
|"I Told You So"|
|Single by Keith Urban|
|from the album Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy Thing|
|Released||May 8, 2007|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Length||4:27 (album version)
4:02 (radio edit)
|Producer(s)||Dann Huff, Keith Urban|
|Keith Urban singles chronology|
"I Told You So" is a song written and recorded by Australian country music artist Keith Urban. It was released in May 2007 as the third single from his album Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy Thing. This song is used in the Rock Band Country Track Pack.
The song tells of a man who has just met a lover with whom he recently split up. Upon encountering her, the singer begs for her to return, provided that she doesn't apologize for her actions. ("Please, just come back home / No, don't say that you're sorry / And I won't say “I told you so”").
"I Told You So" features a Celtic influence, in part due to the use of Uilleann pipes. Snare drums are also used heavily throughout, most notably between the second chorus and bridge. According to the album's liner notes, Urban plays several instruments on the song, including electric guitar, acoustic guitar, ganjo, bouzouki, mandolin, and percussion. He also sings all of the vocals.
The radio edit features a shortened bridge, as well as a slightly truncated outro.
As listed in liner notes.
- Keith Urban – lead and backing vocals, lead guitar, acoustic guitar, ganjo, mandolin, bouzouki, slide guitar, percussion
- Tom Bukovac – rhythm guitar
- Eric Darken – percussion
- Dann Huff – electric 12-string guitar, percussion
- Chris McHugh – drums, percussion
- Tim Lauer – accordion, synthesizer
- Eric Rigler – tin whistle, Uilleann pipes
- Jimmie Lee Sloas – bass guitar
- Jonathan Yudkin – fiddle
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||56|
|US Billboard Hot 100||48|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||22|
- Keith Urban releases new single
- Billboard.com - Discography - Keith Urban - Love, Pain, & the whole crazy thing
- CMT Insider - Keith Urban
- Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy Thing (Media notes). Capitol Records. 2006. 09463-77087-0-5.
- "Keith Urban Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Keith Urban. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- "Keith Urban Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Keith Urban. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- "Keith Urban Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Keith Urban. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- "Best of 2007: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2007. Retrieved July 11, 2012.