I Want To Be a Hilton
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2008)|
|I Want To Be a Hilton|
Kathy Hilton with the contestants
|Created by||Jason Hervey|
|Presented by||Kathy Hilton|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Production company(s)||Bischoff/Hervey Entertainment|
|Original run||June 21 – August 9, 2005|
The show featured people who "Wanted to be like a Hilton." The finalist of the competition receives a prize package that includes a $200,000 trust fund, a new apartment, wardrobe and the opportunity to get to know the Hiltons.
They resided at a fancy New York hotel and were divided into two teams, "Park" and "Madison". In each episode, they were required to perform certain tasks, ranging from dog grooming, a fashion show and organizing a charity event, while learning etiquette and manners. As they competed, Hilton guided them through a variety of challenges that cover subjects ranging from art and culture to beauty and fashion. Hilton met with the losing team at the end of each episode and eliminated one contestant with the catchphrase, "You're not on the list."
- Alain "Alan" Constantine, a 34-year-old perfume salesman from Los Angeles, CA. Originally from Romania, Alan currently works at Bloomingdale's as a fragrance manager and one day hopes to open his own cosmetic shop. Alan remains close to his family as they all reside in the same apartment building. He travels to Las Vegas often because of the shopping, shows and gambling. If not in Las Vegas, Alan can be found running on the beaches in LA or at the gym.
- Ann Poonkasem, a 28-year-old former Miss Tampa from Plant City, FL. Ann is a professional singer, a model, and a television host. The former Miss Tampa USA attends the University of South Florida as a graduate student, pursuing a Communications degree. Throughout her life she has volunteered for various organizations and most recently participated in an event to benefit the Tsunami relief. Ann is currently working on new projects for the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center.
- Brenden Martin, a 31-year-old golf caddy from Denver, CO. One class separates Brenden from his degree in broadcasting from the Metropolitan State College of Denver. Brenden's main occupation takes place during the summer, where he caddie's for the elite members of the prestigious Castle Pines Golf Club, in Castle Rock Colorado. The youngest of three, he is the quintessential outdoorsman, and enjoys golfing, skiing, rock climbing and backpacking.
- Jabe Robinson, a 26-year-old ranch hand from Joshua, TX. A charming construction worker who installs septic tanks, Jabe has an assortment of pets including goats, turtles and a donkey named Hank. A true southern gentleman, this hunky bachelor is quite the ladies man. As the owner of a construction company he rarely gets a moment to himself, yet he finds time to call his mother every morning before his day begins. He also enjoys fishing and hunting.
- Jaclyn "Jackaay" Watt, a 25-year-old landscape supply clerk from Justice, IL. Jackaay lives in a trailer park with her mother, and boasts the nickname "trailer park Barbie." A self-proclaimed workaholic, Jackaay takes pride in her job working at a landscape supply company. Almost every weekend she takes in a different concert supporting her friends who play in local bands. She spends much of her time reading autobiographies; her most recent favorite is Marilyn Manson's autobiography.
- Jaret Elwood, a 26-year-old telephone salesman from Rendon, TX. Jaret is a Texan who refers to himself as a sophisticated redneck, teaches kindergarten and spends most of his time with his family including his twin sister. At one time, Jaret ranked No. 1 in the state of Texas in the 800-meter. He continued to run track through college and graduated from Texas Tech. Additionally, he enjoys fishing and playing sports.
- John Colonna, a 24-year-old plumber from Queens, NY. A plumber by day and a 'speaker dancer' by night, John splits his time between New York and Boca Raton, Florida. John attended St. John's University but is currently pursuing a pharmaceutical degree at Florida Atlantic University. He once worked as a stockbroker and is an avid writer. John, the youngest in his family, has a brother and sister 18 and 19 years his senior, respectively. In his spare time, John frequents the beaches of Florida.
- John "JW" Whitehead, a 24-year-old construction worker from Byram, MS. JW knows everyone in his small Mississippi town where he works for his father's construction business where his mom brings him and his dad lunch every day. He went to Southern Mississippi College on a football scholarship, but feels like not one of his dreams has ever panned out. Currently, JW is playing Arena Football for The Lubbock Gun Slingers in Lubbock, Texas. He is now a history teacher in Mckinney, Texas.
- Julianne "Jules" Levita, a 26-year-old receptionist from Port Station, NY. A Long Island native who currently is working as an apparel store manager, Jules wants to be an event planner but dreams of having her own talk show called, "Tell it to Jules." Jules graduated from St. Joseph's College in Long Island and frequents the club scene in New York City.
- Latricia Lindsey, a 31-year-old motor vehicles clerk from Inglewood, CA. A military brat born in Germany, Latricia, moved to the United States at a young age. This Los Angeles DMV worker is a single mom devoted to raising her five-year-old son. Latricia will do anything to insure her son has the finer things in life. Despite having a routine life, she wants to dip her feet into the lifestyle of the rich and famous.
- Niki Pais, a 23-year-old fashion student from Riverside, CA. Niki graduated in fashion design from California Baptist University. For the past 19 years she has been a synchronized swimmer. Currently, Niki works as an interior designer, specializing in residential and commercial design, and is best friends with her twin sister.
- Rashad El Amin, a 26-year-old waiter from Hollywood, CA. Born in Oakland, Rashad graduated from the University of California at Santa Barbara where he earned his B.A. in fine arts. Like many young people in Hollywood Rashad can be found waiting tables where he practices the fine art of networking. He earns money on the side by investing in currency and commodities. In his spare time he loves listening to hip-hop music.
- Vanessa Kemling, a 30-year-old bartender from Las Vegas, NV. Vanessa tends bar at the La Bete bar at the Wynn hotel in Las Vegas, but studies at the Fashion Design School. She also is an abstract artist who works with acrylics and oils. Vanessa grew up in East Los Angeles in a rough neighborhood but moved to the Valley as a teenager.
- Yvette Brown, a 26-year-old dancer from Las Vegas, NV. Born in England, Yvette has traveled extensively during her professional showgirl-dancing career. She moved to Las Vegas two years ago and has no desire to leave. She formerly wrote a column titled "Making Vegas", about her life in 'Sin City.' Yvette yearns to be swinging high on the Vegas social scene.
Yvette and Latricia have a conflict from the start. Yvette is bossy and tries to take over her team, this annoys her team as does her propensity to wear very short skirts. At an auction to raise money for breast cancer (in memory of the Hilton grandmother) she wears Paris Hilton's 21st dress, thereby devaluing it. Ann is a former beauty queen with great belief in herself and her own voice - she breaks into song during eliminations which annoys her teammates. In the Arts Scavenger hunt episode Yvette, Ann and Jackaay work together. Yvette dances a ballet lesson but makes it up thinking she is better than the teacher, she is given a pink tutu which she wears the rest of the day. She dances for Kathy Hilton in the tutu when she meets the teams at the end of the challenge. Ann and Yvette gang up on Jackaay in the elimination, they decide together to vote her off. However, Ann is voted off by Jackaay, Latricia and Jabe. Yvette then leaves as Kathy Hilton does not have her 'on the list.'
|Contestants||Teams (by episode)||Individual|
- In Teams, names of teams in their respective colors are 'on the list'. Names highlighted in red have been eliminated from the competition.
- In Individual, the pink background denotes being in the 'hot seat'. The red background indicates an individual is 'not on the list'.