I by Day, You by Night
|I by Day, You by Night|
|Directed by||Ludwig Berger|
|Produced by||Erich Pommer|
|Written by||Robert Liebmann
|Starring||Käthe von Nagy
|Music by||Werner R. Heymann|
|Edited by||Viktor Gertler
Heinz G. Janson
|Release dates||29 November 1932|
|Running time||98 minutes|
I by Day, You by Night (German:Ich bei Tag und du bei Nacht) is a 1932 German musical comedy film directed by Ludwig Berger and starring Käthe von Nagy, Willy Fritsch and Amanda Lindner. It premiered at the Gloria-Palast in Berlin on 29 November 1932. As was common at the time separate English- and French-language versions were released, both directed by Berger. The British version Early to Bed was co-produced with Gaumont British.
- Käthe von Nagy as Grete
- Willy Fritsch as Hans
- Amanda Lindner as Cornelia Seidelbast
- Julius Falkenstein as Herr Krüger
- Elisabeth Lennartz as Trude Krüger
- Albert Lieven as Wolf
- Friedrich Gnaß as Helmut
- Anton Pointner as Meyer
- Eugen Rex as Peschke
- Ida Wüst as Frau Waiser
- Ursula van Diemen as Filmdarstellerin
- Walther Ludwig as Filmdarsteller
- Helmut Forest as Straßensänger
- Carl Merznicht as Straßensänger
- Lydia Potechina
- Trude Lieske as Gretes Kollegin
- Gerhard Bienert as Polizist
- Karl Hellmer as Kellner
- Werner Hollmann
- Rudolf Platte as Kuchenkellner
- Werner Pledath as Geschäftsführer im 'Casanova'
- Leo Monosson as Sänger im 'Casanova'
- Comedian Harmonists as Themselves
- Hardt p.241
- Hardt, Ursula. From Caligari to California: Erich Pommer's life in the International Film Wars. Berghahn Books, 1996.
- Kreimeier, Klaus. The Ufa Story: A History of Germany's Greatest Film Company, 1918-1945. University of California Press, 1999.
|This article related to a German film of the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a musical comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|