|• Total||4,453 km2 (1,719 sq mi)|
|• Density||67/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Telephone code||(+40) 243 or (+40) 343|
|ISO 3166 code||RO-IL|
In 2011, it had a population of 258,669 and the population density was 58.08/km².
This county has a total area of 4,453 km².
The county is situated in the Bărăgan Plain, all the area is flat crossed by small rivers with small but deep valleys.
Until 1940 (in the West part) and 1967 (in the East part) the county/plain was home of the great bustard (dropie in Romanian), with large populations of this bird. The birds disappeared because of the massive village buildout and hunting them for food.
- Constanța County in the East.
- Ilfov County in the West.
- Brăila County, Buzău County and Prahova County in the North.
- Călărași County in the South.
Agriculture is the main occupation in the county. Industry is almost entirely concentrated in the city of Slobozia.
The predominant industries in the county are:
- Food industry.
- Textile industry.
- Mechanical components industry.
The main tourist destinations are:
- The city of Slobozia.
Ialomița County has 3 municipalities, 4 towns and 59 communes.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ialomița County.|
- The number used depends on the numbering system employed by the phone companies on the market.
- National Institute of Statistics, "Populația după etnie"
- National Institute of Statistics, "Populația la recensămintele din anii 1948, 1956, 1966, 1977, 1992 și 2002"