|This article relies on references to primary sources. (July 2008)|
|Founded||1991 as International African Mining Gold Corporation|
|Founders||Mark Nathanson and William Pugliese|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Key people||William Pugliese Chairman and Director
Stephen Letwin, President and CEO
Iamgold has an annual production of close to 1 million ounces of gold from operations in North America, South America, and Africa.
The following mines are operated by the company:
- The Essakane Gold Mine, acquired by Iamgold from Orezone Resources in 2009, located in Burkina Faso
- The Rosebel Gold Mine, acquired by Iamgold through its merger with Cambior in 2006, located in Suriname
- The Mouska gold mine northwest of Montreal in the Canadian province of Quebec
- The Westwood gold mine northwest of Montreal in the Canadian province of Quebec
- The Niobec underground mine near Chicoutimi in the Canadian province of Quebec. This mine is North America's only source of pyrochlore, the primary niobium ore, and one of only three major producers of niobium.
- The Sadiola gold mine in Mali
- The Yatela Mine gold mine in western Mali, about 25 kilometres north of the Sadiola Mine on an adjoining mining permit
The Company is developing these projects:
- The Westwood project east of the Mouska mine in Canada
Stephen Letwin was appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of Iamgold on November 1, 2010. Letwin held executive positions at Enbridge Inc., TransCanada Energy and TransCanada Pipelines prior to joining Iamgold. He is a certified general accountant and a member of the Certified General Accountants of Ontario. He holds an MBA from the University of Windsor and is a graduate of the Harvard Advanced Management Program.
The company announced on January 23, 2013, that it is reducing exploration activity in Mali as a result of events in this country. This is not expected to impact production at the two mines in Mali where the company holdes an operating interest.
- "Company Profile for IAMGold Corp (CA;IMG)". Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- "IAMGOLD to Receive in Excess of $48 Million From Sale of La Arena". May 8, 2008.
- "Iamgold Appoints New CEO". Retrieved 2011-01-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Iamgold.|