Ian Ayres (filmmaker)
Ian Ayres is an American filmmaker.
As a director his films include the feature length documentary The Jill & Tony Curtis Story which was selected for screening at the Bel Air Film Festival, the Montreal World Film Festival, and the Mammoth Film Festival. This 2008 documentary is about the efforts of Tony Curtis and his wife to rescue horses from slaughterhouses. He is also the director of Tony Curtis: Driven to Stardom a documentary which traces the personal and professional history of the actor.
As a producer, his credits include The Universe of Keith Haring, a documentary  by Christina Clausen about Keith Haring that includes colorful archival footage and interviews with Kenny Scharf and Yoko Ono, gallery owner Tony Shafrazi, and the choreographer Bill T. Jones which was screened at the Tribeca Film Festival, as well as Five Roads to Freedom: From Apartheid to the World Cup a documentary released in 2010 that looks at the revolutionary transformation in South Africa through the eyes of five men and women who lived under the shadow of apartheid. He is working on a feature documentary about Marilyn Monroe.
- Michael Jones (October 21, 2008). "Variety".
- "Lien Multimedia" (in French). August 21, 2008.
- Catherine Billey (December 5, 2008). "Mammoth Times newspaper".
- "Jill VanderBerg Curtis Worked With Husband On Last Film". CBS News. September 30, 2010.[dead link]
- Lissa Simon (June 7, 2012). "Variety".
- Lee, Nathan (October 24, 2008). "An Artist With Enthusiasm". New York Times.
- "Tribeca Film Festival Archives". Retrieved August 8, 2010.
- "Broadcaster Magazine". May 21, 2010.
- "Screen Daily". May 22, 2012.