Ian Blatchford in 2012.
|Alma mater||Mansfield College (University of Oxford)
Birkbeck College (University of London)
|Employer||Bank of England
Barclays de Zoete Wedd
Royal Academy of Arts
Victoria and Albert Museum
Science Museum (London)
|Known for||Director of Science Museum Group|
Ian Blatchford (b. 17 Aug 1965) is the Director of the Science Museum Group, which oversees the Science Museum in London, England and other related museums. He was previously Deputy Director of the Victoria and Albert Museum, opposite the Science Museum on Exhibition Road in South Kensington, southwest London.
Ian Blatchford started his career working at the Bank of England and the merchant bankers Barclays de Zoete Wedd in the City of London. He then joined the Arts Council as the Deputy Finance Director. He moved to the marketing and design agency Cricket Communications, working in the position of Financial Controller. In 1996. he joined the Royal Academy of Arts as the Director of Finance.
In April 2002, Blatchford joined the Victoria and Albert Museum as Director of Finance and Resources. He then became Deputy Director in December 2004. He left to be Director of the National Museum of Science and Industry in October 2010.
- "Science Museum Director Ian Blatchford on The World at One, BBC Radio 4". The World at One, BBC Radio 4. AudioBoo/BBC. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Weekend birthdays". The Guardian (Guardian Media & News). 16 Aug 2014. p. 49.
- "National Museum of Science & Industry appoints new Director". UK: Science Museum, London. 10 September 2010. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- "V&A deputy to head national museum group". Exhibition Road. 10 September 2010. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- Sample, Ian (24 September 2012). "Science Weekly podcast: Have science museums had their day?". The Guardian (UK). Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Ian Blatchford: Director and Chief Executive, The Science Museum Group; Chairman of the Board of Governors at De Montfort University". UK: De Montfort University. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
|Director of the Science Museum Group
|This British biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|