Ian Colquhoun (author)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007)|
Ian Colquhoun (// kə-HOON) is an author, actor, stuntman and Historian originally from Livingston in Scotland. He lost his legs and was almost killed in an unprovoked assault and arson attack whilst living in the Republic of Ireland in 2002 and now wears prosthetic legs. He gives voluntary lectures to physiotherapy students at an Edinburgh University about his condition.
His autobiography Burnt - Surviving Against All the Odds - Beaten, Burnt and Left for Dead. One Man's Inspiring Story of His Survival After Losing His Legs was published in 2007. His second book, "Drumossie Moor: Jack Cameron, the Irish Regiment and the Battle of Culloden", describes the role of Irish troops in the 18th century Jacobite Army.
Colquhoun appeared on Tiger Aspect Productions Men In White shown in the UK in October 2006 on Channel 4, as well as more recently playing a badly wounded sailor in the film Ocean of Fear, which is about the sinking of the USS Indianapolis in 1945.
Colquhoun appeared on Channel 4's Richard & Judy in August 2007 promoting his book and talking about his life. In October 2007 he played 'MacHendry' in episode 92 of the long running SMG drama 'Taggart'. 2007 Also saw Colquhoun appear in a highly successful promotional film that helped Scotland be awarded the 2014 Commonwealth games.
||This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (July 2010)|
His seven book releases to date are:
- 'Burnt - Surviving Against All the Odds - Beaten, Burnt and Left for Dead. One Man's Inspiring Story of His Survival After Losing His Legs'.
- 'Drummossie Moor- Jack Cameron, the Irish Brigade and the battle of Culloden.'
- 'Nine Lives - Amputees and limb absence'.
- 'GarryOwen! - Jack Cameron, The Seventh Cavalry and The Battle of the Little Bighorn'.
- 'Over the hills and far away : The ordinary soldier'.
- 'Jihad - Battle for The Sudan (references, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jihad-Battle-Sudan-Ian-Colquhoun/dp/1300951591/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1371326357&sr=1-1&keywords=jihad+ian+colquhoun
- The Real Livingston - A Kaleidoscope http://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-Livingston-Kaleidoscope-Ian-Colquhoun/dp/1291494987/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1377809778&sr=1-1
- "Losing my legs was the best thing that ever happened to me..". Daily Mirror. 6 August 2007. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- Stephen White (21 May 2009). "Sick in the Head: Amputee blasts thieves who took his wheelchair.". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- Ian Colquhoun - Author of Burnt
- Susy Macaulay (21 April 2008). "Author reveals Irish Culloden connection". The Press and Journal. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- channel4.com - Richard & Judy[dead link]
|This article about a Scottish writer, poet or playwright is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|