Ian Crawford (musician)
|Birth name||Ian Miles Crawford|
September 29, 1988 |
Eugene, Oregon, United States
|Genres||Pop rock, powerpop, alternative rock, pop punk|
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, bass, piano, mandolin, drums, percussion|
|Labels||Decaydance Records, Fueled by Ramen,|
|Associated acts||Panic! At the Disco, The Cab, The Brobecks, Stamps, Fall Out Boy, Play for Keeps, Spike and The Impalers|
|Fender Stratocaster, Grosh Vintage T|
Ian Crawford (born September 29, 1988) is an American musician best known for being the lead guitarist of The Cab from 2007 until his departure in 2009, and for being the touring guitarist for Panic! at the Disco from 2009 to 2012. On June 1, 2009 The Cab's lead singer Alexander DeLeon announced on his blog that guitarist Ian Crawford had decided to leave the band. Although DeLeon did say that Crawford had decided to leave due to creative differences, there seemed to be no animosity between him and the band. For their upcoming "What Happens in Vegas..." tour, The Cab announced that their friend Bryan Dawson would be replacing Crawford. In 2009 after the departure of Ryan Ross and Jon Walker, Crawford joined Panic! at the Disco as their touring guitarist. He left the band in 2012, citing his desire to make "real, genuine" music. Most recently Crawford played guitar for his former band The Cab's album Symphony Soldier (2011) album, released on August 23, 2011.
He graduated from Auburn Riverside High School in 2007.
- "Losing My Religion" (R.E.M. Cover)
- "Over My Head, Over Me (Demo)
- "Better in Time" (feat. Ren Patrick)
With The Cab
- Whisper War (2008)
- Welcome to the New Administration (2008)
- Punk Goes Pop 2 (2008)
- The Lady Luck EP (2009)
- "Take My Hand (Remix)(feat. Cassadee Pope)", "Diamonds Are Forever (And Forever Is A Long Time)" & "Lights"
- Symphony Soldier (2011)
- Tramps (2010)
- Stamps Ventures of a Lifetime (2011)
With Play For Keeps
- 2010 Goodbye Natural, Hello Manmade. – guitar on "X.I.F."
- 2010 vocals and guitar on "Skid Row (Downtown)" (Little Shop of Horrors)
With Ashbury (band)
- 2008 guitar and vocals on "Under Your Skin"
- Dear friends message at symphonysoldier.com
- Cab, The – The Lady Luck EP (CD) at Discogs. Discogs.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-17.
- iTunes – Music – Goodbye Natural, Hello Manmade by Play for Keeps. Itunes.apple.com (August 28, 2010). Retrieved on 2011-10-17.