Ian Gibson (businessman)
Sir Ian Gibson (born 1 Feb 1947) is the Chairman of Wm Morrison Supermarkets, the UK’s fourth largest supermarket group; previous chairmanships include British Plaster Board, Trinity Mirror, the owner of the Daily Mirror and other regional publications, and Deputy Chairman of ASDA plc. Gibson has also held Non-Executive Directorships at Greggs plc., GKN plc., ASDA plc.  and Northern Rock plc.
Gibson built his career as an industrialist having spent 18 years with Nissan Motor Company Ltd where he was Chief Executive in the UK and Europe and was on the Japanese Main Board. Prior to this, he spent 15 years at Ford Motor Company working in industrial relations and manufacturing management as General Operations Manager and in the UK, Germany and Spain. He is also a Member of Court at the Bank of England.
- "Weekend Birthdays". The Guardian (in English) (London: Guardian News & Media): 46. 1 Feb 2014.
- Farley-Jones, Daniel (28 Apr 2006). "Trinity Mirror appoint Sir Ian Gibson as chairman". BrandRepublic. Retrieved 1 Feb 2104.
- "Public Interest Body Members". PricewaterhouseCoopers. Retrieved 1 Feb 2014.
- "Notice 1SI (Issue 55610)". Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood. The London Gazette. Retrieved 1 Feb 2014.
- "Now Jane visits her own vision". The News. Newsquest (Yorkshire and Northeast) Ltd. 16 Nov 2012.