Father Ian Ker teaches theology at Oxford University, where he is a Senior Research Fellow at Blackfriars, Oxford, and a member of the Faculty of Theology . He has taught both English literature and theology at universities in the UK and USA. Father Ker is generally regarded as the leading authority on Blessed John Henry Newman, on whom he has published the universally acknowledged definitive biography. He is also the author of The Catholic Revival in English Literature 1845-1961, Mere Catholicism, and G.K. Chesterton: A Biography.
A selected bibliography of Fr Ian Ker's books sorted by year of first publication:
- 1990. "John Henry Newman: A biography". Oxford University Press ISBN 9780192827050.
- 2003. "The Catholic Revival in English Literatute 1845-1961". Notre Dame Press USA. ISBN 085244625X.
- 2007. "Mere Catholicism". Emaus Road Publishing. ISBN 9781931018395.
- 2012. "GK Chesterton: A biography". Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199655762.
Relevant Links and Downloads
- Sample chapter "Mere Catholicism"
- Interview Salt & Light TV, Toronto (Canada)
- Oxford University Newman Society
- Podcast of lecture - Newman's idea of a university: some misunderstandings
- Ker, Ian (1990). John Henry Newman: A biography. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780192827050.
- "Oxford University Press".
- "Book Review "John Henry Newman: A biography"".
- searched=ker&advsearch=oneword&highlight=ajaxSearch_highlight+ajaxSearch_highlight1 "Faculty of Theology, Oxford".
- "Book Review "The Catholic Revival..."".
|This article about an English Roman Catholic cleric is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|