Ian McLeod (referee)
McLeod took charge of two matches in the 1998 African Nations Cup in Burkina Faso - the game between Ghana and Tunisia on 9 February 1998, and the encounter involving Côte d'Ivoire and Egypt on 21 February 1998.
He was appointed to officiate in the 1998 FIFA World Cup in France, and took control of just one match, the 0-0 draw in Group D on 19 June 1998 between Spain and Paraguay, played at Stade Geoffroy-Guichard, St. Etienne.
After his retirement from active refereeing, he assisted the Council of Southern Africa Football Associations (COSAFA) as a Match commissioner, overseeing the COSAFA Castle Cup Group C semi-final between Botswana and Namibia in July 2007. He is also chairman of the South African Football Association Technical Committee.
- Birthdate confirmation: weltfussball.de (German) website.
- Other occupation and FIFA referee commencement confirmations: Andrew's Soccer Page, Andrew Skelton's personal website.
- 1996 African Nations Cup, Algeria v. Sierra Leone: weltfussball.de (German) website.
- 1997 FIFA Confederations Cup, two matches refereed: rsssf.com statistical website.
- 1998 African Nations Cup, two matches refereed: weltfussball.de (German) website.
- Spain v. Paraguay, 1998 World Cup, Group D: report from CNN website.
- COSAFA Castle Cup, match schedule: Cosafa.com website.
- COSAFA Castle Cup, list of match officials: Cosafa.com website.
- Chairman of SAFA Technical Committee: HTML version of a PDF document at TheFA.com website.