Ian Taylor (New Zealand businessman)
Taylor is married to Liz and they have 2 children.
Taylor joined the band Kal-Q-Lated Risk in c.1967 as lead singer, and later graduated with a LLB degree from the University of Otago.
A former television presenter (notably for TVNZ children's programme Spot On (TV Series) and New Zealand's Funniest Home Videos, Taylor founded Taylormade Media in 1989 as a television production company. The following year he established Animation Research Limited, which quickly became one of the top computer animation companies in New Zealand and known internationally for its work, particularly in television advertising and sports graphics. Its sports division/product Virtual Eye, is used in various sports such as for ball-tracking in cricket where it assists umpires with their Decision Review System and informs TV commentators and viewers. During the 2010/11 Ashes series it was known as Eagle Eye.
In November 2012, Taylor spoke out against the high salaries being paid to New Zealand chief executives, saying chief executive salaries should be tied to how well they protect jobs and to the salaries of their staff. 
- Loughrey, David (26 March 2009). "Ian Taylor: 'I almost closed my company'". Otago Daily Times. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- Hutching, Chris (Spring 2004). "Māori entrepreneurs on a roll". Te Karaka. Ngāi Tahu Publications. Retrieved 2009-03-26.
- "The Story of Virtual Eye Cricket". Animation Research. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Ian Taylor - Creative Innovator". NZ Hi-Tech Hall of Fame. The New Zealand Hi-Tech Trust. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Honorary Fellows of the IITP (HFIITP)". About the IITP. Institute of IT Professionals of New Zealand. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- "New Year Honours 2012" (27 January 2012) 8 New Zealand Gazette 215.
- "New Year Honours List 2012". Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Tapaleao, Vaimoana (5 November 2012). "Rise of the $1m salaries: top boss says enough". New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Ian Taylor - TEDxtalk".
- Animation Research Limited
- Taylormade Media Limited
- Biography at NZ Hi-Tech Association
- NZ On Screen biography
|This business-related New Zealand biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|