Ian Wilson (author)
He was born in Clapham, south London, during World War II and some of his earliest memories are of the Blitz. Neither of his parents was religious. His school was nominally Church of England, but during scripture classes he was always, as he put it, "the number one sceptic". He graduated in Modern History from Magdalen College, Oxford.
He first came across the Shroud during the 1950s, when he was in his mid-teens, in an illustrated article by World War II hero Group Captain Leonard Cheshire. It was the famous image on the negative of the Shroud that dealt the first blow to his formerly complacent agnosticism. In 1972 he converted to Roman Catholicism.
- The Turin Shroud: The Burial Cloth of Jesus Christ?, 1979 ISBN 0-385-15042-3
- Jesus: The Evidence, 1984
- The Exodus Enigma, 1985
- The Evidence of the Shroud, 1986
- Holy Faces, Secret Places: An Amazing Quest for the Face of Jesus, 1991 ISBN 0-385-26105-5
- The Blood and the Shroud: New Evidence That the World's Most Sacred Relic Is Real, 1998 ISBN 0-684-85529-1
- Jesus: The Evidence, 2000 ISBN 0-89526-239-8
- The Bible Is History, 2000 ISBN 0-89526-250-9
- The Turin Shroud: Unshrouding the Mystery, 2000 ISBN 1-85479-501-5
- Before the Flood: The Biblical Flood as a Real Event and How It Changed the Course of Civilisation, 2001
- John Cabot and the Matthew, 2003 ISBN 978-1-55081-131-5
- Nostradamus the Man Behind the Prophecies, '2003, ISBN 0-312-31790-5
- Murder at Golgotha: A Scientific Investigation into the Last Days of Jesus's Life, His Death, and His Resurrection (Griffin,U.S.; 2007) ISBN 0-312-36662-0
- The Shroud : the 2000-Year-Old Mystery Solved, 2010, ISBN 978-0-593-06359-0
- Sharyn McCowen. "Sceptic gives 'resounding yes' to truth of Shroud". The Catholic Weekly, 23 May 2010.
- Ian Wilson, Jesus: The Evidence (Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1984). ISBN 0-297-78325-4. The TV series was directed and produced by David W. Rolfe and narrated by Jeremy Kemp.