Ib Holm Sørensen
Originally from Denmark, Ib Sørensen started his academic career in the 1970s at Aarhus University, where he worked on the Rikke-Mathilda microassemblers and simulators running on the DECSystem-10 computer.
In 1979, Sørensen joined the Programming Research Group, part of the Oxford University Computing Laboratory (now the Oxford University Department of Computer Science) in England. There he worked with Jean-Raymond Abrial and others, making contributions to the early development of the formal specification language Z. He gained a DPhil degree from the University of Oxford and was a co-author of the seminal Specification Case Studies book on Z, first published in 1987.
From the late 1980s, Sørensen was central in the development of the B-Method, a leading formal method. He left Oxford University to lead a team at BP developing the B-Tool to provide tool support for the B approach. He then founded the company B-Core (UK) Limited to support the B-Toolkit, a set of programming tools designed to support the use of the B-Tool, and undertake B-related projects.
Latterly he returned to the University of Oxford. From 1999, he worked on the B-based Booster models of requirements. He died before he was able to retire.
- Roscoe, Bill (8 February 2012). "Ib Sorensen – In memoriam". Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford, UK. Retrieved February 22, 2012.
- Sørensen, Ib Holm; Kresse, Eric (December 1977). RIKKE-MATHILDA microassemblers and simulators on the DECSystem-10. DAIMI MD-28. Aarhus University, Denmark.
- Sørensen, Ib Holm (1981). Topics in programme specification and design: specification and design of distributed systems. Wolfson College, University of Oxford, UK.
- Hayes, Ian, ed. (1987; 2nd edition, 1993). Specification Case Studies. Prentice Hall International Series in Computer Science. ISBN 978-0-13-832544-2. Check date values in:
- "B-Core (UK) Limited". Company Data Rex. Retrieved February 22, 2012.
- "The B-Toolkit". B-Core (UK) Limited. Archive.org. 2004. Retrieved February 22, 2012.
- Personal home page
- List of publications from Microsoft Academic Search
- List of publications from the DBLP Bibliography Server
|This article on a computer specialist of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|