The Talman series is a series of guitars produced by guitar manufacturer Ibanez.
This series consists of electric and acoustic guitars and was introduced in 1994.
The production of the electric guitar series ended in 1998, but a few years later Ibanez reintroduced the Talman series as a series of acoustic guitars which is still in production and available in the Ibanez catalogue today.
- TC530 (Produced in 1994)
- TC620 (Produced between 1995–1996)
- TC630 (Produced between 1995–1997)
- TC730 (Produced in 1996)
- TC820 (Produced in 1996)
- TC830 (Produced in 1996)
- TC420 (Produced between 1996–1998)
- TC740 (Produced between 1997–1998)
- TC825 (Produced between 1997–1998)
- TC220 (Produced in 1998)
- TC720 (Produced in 1998)
- TV650 (Produced in 1994)
- TV750 (Produced in 1994)
- TV550 (Produced in 1995)
This series is still in production today.
In '97, the Talman line shrank to the TC630 plus two new models, the TC825 (sparkle-finished alder, two Super 58s, Bigsby) and TC740 (alder, two lipsticks and one V8 humbucker, vibrato). The Talman's next-to-the-last gasp came in '98, when they were joined by TC220 (agathis, two humbuckers, vibrato) and a lefty version of the TC420L. After '98, the Talman line expired, except for being reprised later as an acoustic/electric model."
Taken from Vintage Guitar magazine July 2005
Artists known playing an Ibanez Talman are:
- Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine) owns a custom Ibanez Talman with a Kenyan flag finish and a white one with 2 humbuckers.
- Noodles (The Offspring) has three signature Talman models; NDM1, NDM2 and NDM3.
- David Williams (Michael Jackson) owns an Ibanez Talman.
- Aron Garceau (Prydein (band)) plays electric Talmans exclusively, mainly a Blue Sparkle TC825 and a Metallic Avocado TC620 and a Black TC420.
- Stefan Jacques from Dutch psycho-rock band Misery Kids plays a TV650.
- Will Salazar (Fenix TX) can be seen playing a Talman in their music video for All My Fault.
- Rene van Lien from the Dutch Noise band Feverdream / Neon Rainbows plays a chocolate brown TC530.
- Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon (Sonic Youth), purchased after the gear theft in July 1999, still used occasionally by Kim.
- Jeff Buckley owned a Talman tc620 which replaced the famous 1983 Fender Telecaster "toploader" tele borrowed from a friend 
- Bob 2 from Devo played a green and red Talman from the 1990's up until his death in 2014.
- Bill Gaphardt's Ibanez Talmans page
- Ibanez.com | Acoustic guitars | TALMAN
- Bill Gaphardt's Ibanez Talmans gallery page