|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
The Ibero-American Summit, formally the Ibero-American Conference of Heads of State and Governments (Spanish: Cumbres Iberoamericanas de Jefes de Estado y de Gobierno, Portuguese: Cimeiras (or Cúpulas) Ibero-Americanas de Chefes de Estado e de Governo), is a yearly meeting of the heads of government and state of the Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking nations of Europe and the Americas, as members of the Organization of Ibero-American States.
The first summit, held in 1991 in Guadalajara, Mexico, was attended by the governments of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Spain, Uruguay and Venezuela. Andorra joined in 2004. Equatorial Guinea and the Philippines entered in 2009 as "associate members". Puerto Rico has participated sometimes as an associate member, but as it is not a sovereign country it is not allowed to completely join the summits. Belize and East Timor have expressed their interest in joining the summits, although they have not been allowed to join for the moment. All these countries were either Spanish or Portuguese colonies (Belize and the Philippines were Spanish before belonging to the United Kingdom and the United States, respectively). Other former Spanish and Portuguese colonies may join the summits in the future.
- Cape Verde
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Western Sahara
- Trinidad and Tobago
|1st||Guadalajara, Mexico||July 18–July 19, 1991|
|2nd||Madrid, Spain||July 23–July 24, 1992|
|3rd||Salvador, Brazil||July 15–July 16, 1993|
|4th||Cartagena, Colombia||June 14–June 15, 1994|
|5th||San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina||October 16–October 17, 1995|
|6th||Santiago and Viña del Mar, Chile||November 13–November 14, 1996|
|7th||Isla Margarita, Venezuela||November 8–November 9, 1997|
|8th||Porto, Portugal||October 17–October 18, 1998|
|9th||Havana, Cuba||November 15–November 16, 1999|
|10th||Panama City, Panama||November 17–November 18, 2000|
|11th||Lima, Peru||November 17–November 18, 2001|
|12th||Bávaro, Dominican Republic||November 15–November 16, 2002|
|13th||Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia||November 14–November 15, 2003|
|14th||San José, Costa Rica||November 18–November 20, 2004|
|15th||Salamanca, Spain||October 14–October 15, 2005|
|16th||Montevideo, Uruguay||November 3–November 5, 2006|
|17th||Santiago, Chile||November 8–November 10, 2007|
|18th||San Salvador, El Salvador||October 29–October 31, 2008|
|19th||Estoril, Portugal||November 30–December 1, 2009|
|20th||Mar de Plata, Argentina||December 3–December 4, 2010|
|21st||Asunción, Paraguay||October 28–October 29, 2011|
|22nd||Cádiz, Spain||November 16–November 18, 2012|
|23rd||Panama City, Panama||October 16–October 18, 2013|
|24th||Veracruz, Mexico||December 8–December 9, 2014|
- List of current heads of state and government of Ibero-America
- Organization of Ibero-American States
- Community of Portuguese Language Countries
- Latin American integration
- Rio Group
- ¿Por qué no te callas?
- Países, Cumbres Iberoamericanas de Jefes de Estado y de Gobierno. Accessed on line October 22, 2007.
- International Relations, Andorran Chamber of Commerce. Accessed on line October 22, 2007.
- I Cumbre Iberoamericana de Jefes de Estado y Presidentes de Gobierno, Cumbres y Conferencias Iberoamericanas, Organización de Estados Iberoamericanos para la Educación, la Ciencia y la Cultura. Accessed on line October 22, 2007.
- Cumbres Iberoamericanas de Jefes de Estado y de Gobierno, Organización de Estados Iberoamericanos para la Educación, la Ciencia y la Cultura. Accessed on line October 22, 2007.
- (1992) Primera Cumbre Iberoamericana, Guadalajara, México, 1991: Discursos, Declaración de Guadalajara y documentos. Mexico: Fondo de Cultura Económica. ISBN 968-16-3735-6
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cumbre Iberoamericana.|
- (Spanish) (Portuguese) Cumbres Iberoamericanas de Jefes de Estado y de Gobierno
- (Spanish) (Portuguese) Ibero-America's Secretariat General Official Web-site (SEGIB)
- Organization of Ibero-American States (OEI) website in Spanish in Portuguese
- (Spanish) Official Web-site for the Organization of Ibero-American Youth (OIJ)
- (Spanish) Web site for 2008 Iberoamerican Summit in El Salvador