|Headquarters||Gurgaon, India, India.|
|Products||Domestic and International Flight Bookings, Hotels and Holidays bookings and Bus bookings.|
|Slogan||"We Love Travel"|
ibiboGroup owns, b2c online travel aggregator : goibibo.com; online bus ticketing platform : redBus.in and 51% stake in B2B travel platform; travelboutiqueonline. ibiboGroup also owns a minority stake in Naspers’ global payments business, PayU Global.
In 2013, ibiboGroup was named one of the top five most trusted ecommerce brands in India in The Brand Trust Report India Study – 2013. Ashish Kashyap, the CEO, was named one of the top 100 icons of India’s digital ecosystem.
Ibibo started as a social network in 2007 and pivoted to an e-commerce and travel organization. In 2009 Goibibo.com was launched to enable travelers search, compare and buy across travel categories. A width of travel suppliers comprising: air tickets, bus tickets; holidays and hotels are available on Goibibo.com. Goibibo also has presence across mobile app stores such as iOS, Android and Windows
Acquisition & Investments
redBus.in was founded in to 2007 and it became part of ibibo Group in 2013 via a 100% acquisition. Redbus.in is India’s number one online bus ticketing platform both on mobile as well as desktop. The business owns three products - redBus™, BOGDS™, SeatSeller™ serving the fragmented bus industry in India. redBus™ is consumer a facing travel brand enabling customers to buy tickets on internet and mobile. BOGDS™ is a cloud solution built for bus operators. Thousands of bus operators in India use this platform. SeatSeller™ is GDS for bus inventory distribution. Over 10,000 retail agents including the OTAs use SeatSeller to sell bus tickets to their customers.
redBus won the 'Global Mobile Innovation in Travel Award’ announced by Eyefortravel in March, 2014. It also won the Business Standard Annual Award for 'The Most Innovative Company of 2013' earlier this year.
In March 2014 ibiboGroup acquired Bangalore-based startup YourBus, strengthening its offering in the bus travel space.
YourBus, founded by BITS-Pilani graduates Rajesh Mallipeddi and Satya Padmanabham in 2011, is a GPS-based bus tracking and analytics platform. The YourBus application on a smartphone shows you the location of your bus in real time on a map. It also tells you the arrival time at your pickup point. It provides SMS updates, useful particularly for those with feature phones.
PayU India Launch
In 2011, Ibibo quietly rolled out its payment gateway innovation called PayU in the Indian market, to permit websites to integrate e-commerce transactions through online payments. With PayU, a business can process payment by using Visa and MasterCard credit cards and debit cards (for more than 50 banks), and Net Banking for major banks including ICICI, HDFC, SBI, Axis Bank and others. Payu has the facility of API integration and transaction analytics for faster and secure payment processing.
- Ashish Kashyap, Group CEO
- Pankaj Jain, CFO
- Pratap K Singh, President, IT Operations
- Priyanka Dhaul, Director - HR
- Sanjay Bhasin, CEO - Goibibo.com
- Deepak Tuli, COO - Goibibo.com
- Vikalp Sahni, CTO - Goibibo.com
- Ashish Kashayp, YourStory, June 27, 2012
- MIH Group acquires 51% stake in Tek Travels, The Economic Times, Apr. 2012
- Ibibo Group secures minority stake in Nasper's PayU Global, Mar. 13, 2014
- Most trusted online brand in India, The Times Of India, Feb. 26, 2013
- IMPACT Digital Power 100
- Ibibo.com Launched New Ad Commercial, Business Wire India, Jan. 8, 2008.
- Goibibo.com CrunchBase profile"
- Goibibo iOS application
- Goibibo Android App
- Goibibo WindowsPhone App
- redBus sold to Ibibo, The Times Of India, Jun. 21, 2013
- ibiboGroup Acquires redBus.in, The Telegraph, Jun. 21, 2013
- Winners of Mobile Innovation in Travel
- The Times of India, Mar. 21, 2014
- YourBus integration with RedBus prompted acquisition, LiveMint, Mar. 21, 2014
- Naspers-Backed ibiboGroup Acquires Online Bus Tracking And Analytics Startup YourBus In India, TechCrunch, Mar. 19, 2014
- Naspers Launches Payment Gateway PayU In India, MediaNama, Oct.7, 2011
- PayU – Payment Gateway for Indian market, iamWire, Oct.7, 2011