İbrahim Sirkeci (born 1972) is a British Turkish management scientist, Professor in Marketing and Strategy Department at the European Business School London, Regent's College, and Director of Regent's Centre for Transnational Studies.
Prior to joining the European Business School London of Regent's College London, he worked as a Leverhulme Research Fellow at the Centre for the Study of Ethnicity and Citizenship, University of Bristol, and also as Assistant Professor at a private university in Ankara, Turkey.
He is the managing editor of Migration Letters, an international scholarly journal of population and migration studies. He authored several books including Cultures of Migration published by University of Texas Press in 2011, and The Environment of Insecurity in Turkey and the Emigration of Turkish Kurds to Germany, was published by Edwin Mellen Press in 2006.
Sirkeci's research focuses on marketing of higher education, transnational consumers, ethnicity, segmentation, segregation and labour markets, conflict, international migration with particular reference to minorities in the UK, Turkish, Kurdish migration to Germany, Turkey and Iraq.
He has written widely on transnational marketing, international migration, internal migration, population movements, labour market, segregation, ethnic conflict, minorities, Turks, Kurds, and remittances. Sirkeci also writes a weekly column for Turkish daily newspaper Birgun. His research is published in journals including Environment and Planning A, Sociological Research Online, Ethnic and Racial Studies, International Migration, and Journal of Biosocial Science., and Population Review
- Sirkeci, Ibrahim (9/8/2009). "Freelonya'da Daltonlar Acilimi". Istanbul: BirGün Gazetesi. p. 5.
- Sirkeci, Ibrahim; Cohen, J. H. & Ratha, D. (2011). Migration and Remittances during the Global Financial Crisis and Beyond. Washington, DC, USA: The World Bank. p. 480. ISBN 978-0-8213-8826-6.
- Cohen, J. H.; Sirkeci, Ibrahim (2011). Cultures of Migration. Austin, Texas, USA: Texas University Press. p. 179. ISBN 978-0-292-72685-7.
- Sirkeci, Ibrahim; Magnúsdóttir, L. B. (2011). "Understanding illegal music downloading in the UK: A multi-attribute model". Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing (UK: Emerald) 5 (1): 90–110. doi:10.1108/17505931111121543. ISSN 2040-7122.
- Ratha, Dilip; Sirkeci, Ibrahim (2010). "Editorial: Remittances and the global financial crisis". Migration Letters (London, UK: Migration Letters & The London Publishers) 7 (2): 125–131. ISSN 1741-8992.
- Johnston, Ron; Sirkeci, Ibrahim, Khattab, N. & Modood, T. (2010). "Ethno-religious categories and measuring occupational attainment in relation to Education in England and Wales: a multi-level analysis". Environment and Planning A (UK: Pion) 42 (3): 578–591. doi:10.1068/a42180. ISSN 1472-3409.
- Sirkeci, Ibrahim (2006). The Environment of Insecurity in Turkey and the Emigration of Turkish Kurds to Germany. New York: Edwin Mellen Press. p. 332. ISBN 0-7734-5739-9.
- Sirkeci, Ibrahim (2005). Turkmen in Iraq and International Migration of Turkmen [Irak'tan Türkmen Göçleri ve Göç Eğilimleri]. Ankara: Global Strategy Institute. p. 88. ISBN 975-8975-02-1. (bilingual: English and Turkish).
- Icduygu, A; Sirkeci, Ibrahim & Aydingün, I. (eds) (1998). Türkiye'de Içgöç [Internal Migration in Turkey]. Istanbul: Tarih Vakfi Yayinlari. ISBN 975-7306-31-2.(in Turkish)
- "Professor Ibrahim Sirkeci". Ebslondon.ac.uk. doi:10.1108/17505931111121543. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Regent's Centre for Transnational Studies". Regents.ac.uk. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Bristol University: Sociology: Center for Ethnicity & Citizenship: Members". University of Bristol. Retrieved 16 November 2007.
- The Impact of Spatial Segregation on the Employment Outcomes Amongst Bangladeshi Men and Women in England and Wales
- "Segmentation challenges posed by Transnationals in mobile marketing". Igi-global.com. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Remittances and the Global Financial Crisis". Metapress.com. 4 October 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Freelonya'da Daltonlar Acilimi". Birgun.net. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Ethno-religious categories and measuring occupational attainment in relation to education in England and Wales: a multilevel analysis". Envplan.com. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "The ethnic question in an environment of insecurity: the Kurds in Turkey". Informaworld.com. 7 December 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "IngentaConnect Socio-economic Development and International Migration: A Turkish Study". Ingentaconnect.com. 1 December 2001. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Int Migration, Volume 43 Issue 4 Page 197-214, October 2005 (Article Abstract)". Blackwell Synergy. 8 November 2005. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Cjo – Abstract – Variables That Explain Variation In Prenatal Care In Turkey; Social Class, Education And Ethnicity Re-Visited". Journals.cambridge.org. 9 April 2001. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Project MUSE". Muse.jhu.edu. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Direct Marketing, editorial advisory board
- Professor Ibrahim Sirkeci's talk at European Parliament
- Population Review, scientific review board
- Home page at EBSL
- Ibrahim Sirkeci, The Environment of Insecurity in Turkey and the Emigration of Turkish Kurds to Germany, New York, Edwin Mellen Press, 2006, ISBN 978-0-7734-5739-3
- BirGün columnists
- Ibrahim Sirkeci Londra Yazıları YOKSULLAR VE İŞÇİLER KONUŞULMADI, 28 Eylül 2008