Ibsen is a Danish surname most commonly associated with the Norwegian playwright and poet Henrik Ibsen (whose family was of Danish origin). The name may also appear as Ebsen. The name is originally a patronymic, meaning "son of Ib" (Ib is a Danish variant of Jacob); however, Henrik Ibsen's family had used the name as a "frozen" patronymic (i.e. a permanent family name) since the 17th century.
Henrik Ibsen's family
- Ibsen (family), including
- Henrik Ibsen
- Suzannah Ibsen, wife of Henrik Ibsen
- Sigurd Ibsen (1859–1930), Norwegian author and politician, son of Henrik and Suzannah Ibsen
- Tancred Ibsen (1893–1978), Norwegian filmmaker and actor, son of Sigurd Ibsen
- Lillebil Ibsen (1899–1989), Norwegian dancer and actress, wife of Tancred Ibsen
Other people named Ibsen
- Ibsen Dana Elcar, actor
- Bjørn Aage Ibsen (1915–2007), Danish anesthetist and inventor of intensive-care medicine
- Zak Ibsen, American soccer player
- Ibsen Martinez, Venezuelan journalist and playwright
- The Ibsen Museum (Oslo), dedicated to Henrik Ibsen, completely restored writer's home
- Lake Ibsen, small lake near Leeds in Benson County, North Dakota
- Lake Ibsen Township in Benson County, North Dakota
- Ibsen Award, Norwegian government award to honor a person, organization or institution in art and culture
- Ibsen (crater), crater on the planet Mercury
- Ibsen Prize, prize is awarded playwrights to promote Norwegian drama
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.