||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Bisca Financial Center. (Discuss) Proposed since November 2014.|
The Ice Tower supertall, Panama
|Roof||381 m (1,250 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Pinzón Lozano & Asociados Arquitectos|
Ice Tower was a supertall skyscraper project in Avenida Balboa, Panama City, Panama, which was cancelled in 2007. The planned height of the building was 381 meters (1,250 feet), which would have 104 floors, increased from the original proposal of 80 floors .
In March 2007, excavations began for the construction of the foundation of the building. However, three months later, in June 2007, the project was cancelled. Ice is the third cancelled supertall skyscraper project in Panama City after the Torre Generali (cancelled in 2001) and the Palacio de la Bahía.
Bisca Financial Center
Even though the project Ice Tower was cancelled, the works still resumed in 2008. The building was eventually completed; however, all characteristics including the name were altered.
- "Ice Tower". SkyscraperPage.com. Retrieved 2007-09-26.
- "Ice Tower". Emporis.com. Retrieved 2007-09-26.
- "Palacio de la Bahía". Emporis.com. Retrieved 2007-09-26.
- Don Winner (2007-06-22). "Ice Tower on Ave. Balboa CANCELLED (Confirmed by F&F)". Retrieved 2007-09-26.
- "High-rise Buildings (never built)". Emporis.com. Retrieved 2007-09-26.