Iceland Democratic Party
Iceland Democratic Party (Icelandic: Lýðræðisvaktin, literally "Democracy Watch") is a political party in Iceland, founded February 16, 2013. It was founded with the primary goal of passing the new constitution formulated by the constitutional assembly appointed by parliament in 2011. On other issues, it wishes to strengthen regulation of financial institutions and put joining the EU to a binding referendum.
| % of
overall seats won
- The Reykjavík Grapevine Election Guide 2013 | Lýðræðisvaktin Interviewed (in English), The Reykjavík Grapevine, April 5, 2013
- "Icelandic Parties Submit List of Candidates for Election", Icelandic Review Online, 15 April 2013
- "Constitutional Council men establish the new party Democracy Watch" (in Icelandic). Mbl.is. 15 February 2013. Retrieved 16 February 2013.
- "Democracy Watch formally established" (in Icelandic). Mbl.is. 18 February 2013. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Five new list letters" (in Icelandic). Innanríkisráðuneytið (Ministry of Interior). 8 March 2013. Retrieved 11 March 2013.