Idaho State Highway 8
|Maintained by ITD|
|Length:||53.589 mi (86.243 km)|
|West end:||SR 270 in Moscow|
| US-95 in Moscow
SH-99 in Troy
SH-9 near Deary
SH-3 in Deary
SH-3 in Bovill
|East end:||1st Street and Main Street in Elk River|
State Highway 8 is an Idaho state highway in Latah and Clearwater counties, running from the Washington state line in Moscow to Elk River. It is 53.589 miles (86.24 km) in length, and runs primarily east–west.
SH-8 begins at the Washington state line, connecting with Washington State Route 270 to Pullman. Between the cities to the north is the Pullman-Moscow Regional Airport. The two state highways comprise the "Moscow-Pullman Highway" in the 8 miles (13 km) between the two university cities.
In Moscow, Highway 8 runs east along the northern boundary of the University of Idaho campus and becomes Third Street. It briefly overlaps US 95, and runs south through the city center. South of downtown Moscow, SH-8 branches east to become the "Troy Highway" and heads out to Troy, where it intersects SH-99. East of Troy, SH-8 heads generally northeast, intersecting SH-9 shortly before entering Deary and overlapping SH-3 in Deary. From Deary, the overlapping highways run east and northeast to Bovill, where they diverge.
For non-motorized traffic, Highway 8 is paralleled to the south by a series of paved trails from the state line to Troy, on former railroad corridors. The Bill Chipman Palouse Trail originates in Pullman and terminates a mile into Idaho at Perimeter Road. There it links with the Paradise Path, which runs along the north and east edges of the UI campus and connects to the Latah Trail in southeast Moscow.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2009)|
|Latah||Moscow||0.00||SR 270 – Pullman||Western terminus, Washington state line, continuation into Washington|
|Clearwater||Elk River||53.589||1st and Main Streets||Eastern terminus|
- Idaho Transportation Department (November 26, 2008). "Milepost Log". Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- Idaho Transportation Department (November 26, 2008). "Milepost Log, U.S. Route 95". Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- Idaho Transportation Department (November 26, 2008). "Milepost Log, SH-3". Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Map: Bill Chipman Palouse Trail". Whitman County Parks and Recreation. Retrieved September 1, 2012.
- "Latah Trail". Latah Trail Foundation. Retrieved September 1, 2012.
- "Parks and Trails". Latah County Parks & Recreation. Retrieved September 1, 2012.