||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Hitachi. (Discuss) Proposed since December 2013.|
|Website||Hitachi Solutions Canada|
Ideaca is a technology consulting company providing management consulting, implementation and support services. Founded in the year 2000 and headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Ideaca has over 250 employees located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto and Kitchener. Ideaca is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and a SAP Gold Channel Partner. On December 3, 2013, Ideaca was acquired by Hitachi, as a means of expanding Hitachi's global footprint into Canada.
Michael Alkier and Evan Hu first co-founded OmniLogic Systems in 1996. It soon became Canada's largest SAP partner, growing to more than 550 employees. In 2000, PricewaterhouseCoopers acquired OmniLogic Systems.
Soon after, Michael Alkier and Evan Hu founded Ideaca and it has since grown to become one of the largest Microsoft and SAP partner in Canada. Ideaca was funded by Alkier and Hu, but also by investment firm XDLi. In 2013 it was announced that Ideaca would be purchasing 90% of funds owned by XDLi.
Despite XDLi being less involved, Michael Bregman of XDLi has stayed personally involved with Ideaca as a board member and shareholder. Also in 2013, Bill Holland, Chairman of CI funds and successful business and philanthropic leader became a new investor of Ideaca.
On March 17, 2011 Ideaca announced its acquisition of PeoplesEdge Inc.
In December 2013 the company was acquired by Hitachi Solutions America, a subsidiary of Hitach Ltd., and changed its name to Hitachi Solutions Canada.
Ideaca provides services in areas including:
- Enterprise resource planning
- Business intelligence
- Portals and collaboration
- Cloud computing
- Corporate performance management
- Custom development and integration
- Customer relationship management
- Application infrastructure
- Support services
In 2013, Ideaca became the first Canadian company to offer the SIGGA SM2 mobility platform.
- Silver Spring
Achievement and Awards
- 2007, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013 Branham300 
- 2013 CDN Top 100 Solution Provider 
- 2011, 2012, 2013 Best Workplaces in Canada list 
- 2012 Business Intelligence Partner of the Year at Microsoft Partner Network IMPACT Awards 
- Microsoft Dynamics: President’s Circle and Inner Circle.
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Excellence Program.
- SAP Gold Channel Partner Status 
- "Hitachi Solutions Canada official website". Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- Kathy Kim (December 3, 2013). "Hitachi Solutions Acquires Canadian-Based Ideaca To Expand Global Footprint". CRN. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Wilfred Laurier University Board of Governors". Government of Ontario — Public Appointment Secretariat. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Passion for business takes entrepreneur from software to cars to music". The Record.com. December 10, 2011. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Ideaca Poised for a Strong 2013 with Share Buyback and New Investor Announcement". Reuters. February 27, 2013. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Michael Bregman Profile". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Ideaca Poised for a Strong 2013 with Share Buyback and New Investor Announcement". Businesswire. February 27, 2013. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Ideaca and PeoplesEdge join to deliver SAP consulting services". Ideaca. March 17, 2011.
- "Ideaca Becomes First Canadian Company to Offer SIGGA SM2 Mobility Solution". MarketWatch. May 28, 2013. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "CDN Top 100 Solution Providers".
- "Great Place to Work".
- "Microsoft Partner Network Impact Awards".
- "Ideaca named to 2012 Inner Circle and President's Club for Microsoft Dynamics". BusinessWire. July 12, 2012. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "PartnerPoint Company List". PartnerPoint. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "SAP SME Partner Finder". SAP. Retrieved September 8, 2014.