|இதயத்திருடன் Idhaya Thirudan|
|Produced by||K. Balachander|
|Edited by||Suresh Urs|
Idhaya Thirudan is a Tamil (இதயத்திருடன்) (English:Heart Thief) film directed by Saran, starring Jayam Ravi and Kamna Jethmalani. This film was Jayam Ravi’s fifth film but was labelled his worst of the five. The soundtrack was composed by Bharadwaj. It was released in February 9, 2006. The heroine debutant, Kamna Jethmalani is the granddaughter of a businessman Late. Mr. Shyam Jethmalani . Scenes were shot in Turkey and Northern Cyprus.
Deepika (Kamna) can't bear with the control her mother (Vani Viswanath)imposes on her life by . In order to make her mother angry, she uploads some hot pictures of herself and emails them to a fictitious name, "T.Mahesh". However, there seems to exist a T.Mahesh (Ravi) who is a catering student. The more Deepika and Mahesh run into each other, the more Mayilravanan (Prakash Raj), a policeman who wants to marry Deepika, gets angry. In hopes of creating a distance between Deepika and Mahesh, Mayilravanan seeks a relationship with Deepika's mother. The relationship between Deepika and Mahesh grow into love as they both try to separate Mayilravanan and Deepika's mother in hopes of setting life to how it originally was.
- Jayam Ravi as Mahesh
- Kamna Jethmalani as Deepika
- Prakash Raj as Mayilravanan
- Santhanam as Mahesh
- Nassar as Aalwar
- Neelima Rani as Anitha
- Ramesh Khanna
- Madhan Bob
- K. Gnanasamandham
- Jyothimayi in a special appearance
The film has been shot at locations in Chennai, Mumbai, Banglore, Austria and Italy. The songs have been picturised at some exotic locations in Germany, Austria, Mumbai, Alapuzha in Kerala, and at the Guindy Race Course in Chennai.
- Arabia - Janani Bharadwaj
- Unnai Thotta - KK
- Urikka Urikka - Ceylon Manohar, Mukesh
- October Kaatru - Pony, Mathangi
- Goyaango - Anuradha Sriram
- Uchathai - Bharathwaj, Rekharajan, Kavitha, Subiksha, Arjun
- Thiraipadam wrote:" It has the Saran stamp both in the positives like a fast-paced screenplay and a plot twist and the negatives like a weak climax but the overload of coincidences and contrivances is the movie's biggest problem".
- Hindu wrote:"The story meanders in rudderless fashion before suddenly waking up to an action-packed climax".
- Sify wrote:"The most refreshing thing about Idaya Thirudan is that it is well packaged as a youth entertainer with the correct masala concoctions".
This film received negative reviews from the audience as it was later considered a flop.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|